The Tennis Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Tennis Thread

I watched the last couple of hours in our local plaza in Mallorca which was full of locals and tourists and we are proud and rejoiced as local Mallorcian man Rafa Nadal won:wahey:

3 years ago I met Rafa once on a flight back from Barcelona to Palma airport and believe me he is a polite and well-mannered guy.

Last edited:
Just goes to show what pussies footballers are moaning about two 90 minute games per week.

These guys are playing 3,4 or 5 hour matches every two days during tournaments! Immense!

I dunno how either of them is still walking, let alone hitting these quality tennis shots.

The tennis tour at this level is brutal and why I used to get annoyed when people had a pop at Murray. To do what he did consistently given the other 3 he was up against makes him one of the best sportsmen Scotland, I mean Britain:lol: has produced. Yes he was behind the other 3 but even so he achieved great things .

Very true. I do feel sorry for Murray. In any other era he's winning 10+ slams.

How unlucky to be THAT good at the same time as Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. 🤦

Almost as if he's being punished for being Scottish 🤔

Buddy played in his first proper tennis event today a week after his 7th birthday.

He played for Pershore U8's away to Worcester U8's. Final score was 8-8. Buddy contributed 3 points by winning 3 of his 4 matches.

My little super man!
Do you live in Pershore mate, I once had a good mate who lives there, not sure if he still does…. Paul Corbett, he managed the Pershore Harriers for a few seasons, going back a fair few years mind.

Anyone watching this Nadal v Djokovic match? Been glued to it from the start. Its mind blowing how good these guys have been and still are.