The Tennis Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

The Tennis Thread

If you haven't seen it yet watch the 2nd series of Break Point on Netflix. It features when Zverev played Medvedev after his injury . Medvedev got completely into his head with his antics and Zverev fell apart massively.
Zverev must have thought Alcaraz was his girlfriend the way he beat him

I really cannot stand Medvedev's style but he is certainly one tough son of a bitch.

I think this tournament is Sinners.

That Zverev v Medvedev match is probably the best match of tennis I've seen since the days of Federer vs Nadal.

Absolutely incredible tennis from both players. Some of the rallies were insane.

Zverev must be kicking himself as it was his for the taking at several opportunities but as you say Medvedev is a tough cookie.

Great entertainment.

Sinner was likely sat at home rubbing his hands while they knackered each other out.

Medvedev’s strategy is paying off massively and Sinner is somewhat bottling the occasion. Very impressive from the Russian.

Amazing from Sinner, massive to show he can go the distance like this. I do feel sorry for Medvedev but Sinner is looking fresher and is making some inspired shots now.

Sinner, especially on hard courts, is about to become a real force.

He's been the best player on tour for 6 months now. Very strong finish to last season, so the form book probably suggested he was the one to watch here.... Shame I didn't think that at the start and put a bet on. 🤦

Alcaraz looking great at Indian Wells, he slaughtered Zverev, he crushed Sinner after losing the first set and destroys Medvedev in the final.

He showed the sort of form from the first half of last year. Vital for him.

Shaping up nicely for the remaining 3 slams. Sinners first loss in 4 months, Alcaraz back in form, novak will be ready come grand slam time. Oh and Medvedev is looking good too despite losing to Alcaraz.

Should be a good year.

Oh and as Rune's no. 1 fan it was nice to see him getting back to some kind of form after rejoining up with Moratoglu. That partnership should see him step it back up a level this year. Don't think he'll trouble the 4 mentioned above this year but if (and it's a big if) he can manage to not fall out with Moratoglu again any time soon I think he'll have a big year next year.