The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

Tammy is barely gonna get a look it with Werner coming in, they haven’t paid £50m for one of Europe’s hottest prospects/prolific scorers for nothing. I think he’ll want to stay initially but come
January with only a few cup and sub appearances under his belt he’ll want to move or he won’t make the Euro’s next summer. Be great to have him back I think, has proven with Chelsea he can score at this level.

You'd imagine he'd be around the 40m mark if not 50m since hes young and British and those two qualities tend to bump the price up. If they bought Werner for 52m, then selling tammy for 40-50m that would be a good bit of business for them. Tammy knows the surroundings, the boss, the fans, he'd prob play every week- he got 15 goals for Chelsea and didn't start most weeks (proven prem striker), don't have to worry about him settling in etc ..... Other options are Callum Wilson, Josh king or Batshuayi..... I'd take Tammy

Would definitely take Tammy, would be a coup if we could get him back although I dread what Chelsea would demand for him.

I think with a lot of these Chelsea youngsters though they often seem happy to hang around several years too long so whether the club are just paying them well above their value or what I don’t know but I hope Tammy realises his best chance to make a name for himself is to get game time and not waste his career away on the bench

That's why Giroud is now the preferred striker, I'll get pelters here but Tammy really isn't very good outside the Box. He's a Darren Bent a goalscorer/ poacher nowhere near Chelsea level
No pelters from me on that one 57. The big knock on Tammy was that his hold-up play was virtually non-existent. Anyone who says otherwise should take a look through the threads on here from his time at the club.... His goal-scoring numbers went down quite a bit after Smith changed the style also. Not saying he wouldn't be a great addition to the team and a big upgrade on what we have, but he's also not the complete number 9 either....

As for leading the line, I'd say Tammy this year has also impressed more than he did for us really - he's shown he's better learnt that role even if he's not a Giroud/Drogba etc top man.

If there's a cat in hell's chance of getting him (not only for his impact on the pitch as being poor he's worth 10 goals in my mind) £50m wouldn't be wasted in terms of a statement signing and we all know (and I think agree) after last season, this season has to be about our ambitions even if we don't look higher than midtable.

30MM is a fair price but I could see 40MM being touted. Its like the Mings thing again he's probably worth more to us and that will be exploited. Maybe an extra 5-10MM on a fair price is reasonable when the player knows the club, staff and half the squad.

Some good points, we need to evolve our play to have someone like Abraham or even Callum Wilson up top. Currently we absolutely rely on a target man. You can see how bad we are when Samatta leads the line precisely because he cannot hold the ball up.

This is why a player in Mitrovic's mould would work better given our system.

Spot on mate people only see goals, they don't see the whole game, we live in a world where Jack Grealish is judged by direct assists, and nowhere is there a stat for him taking 3 opposition players out of the game every time he gets the ball.

Tammy is judged purely on his goals, not on his team play not on his skills not on his "assists" but purely goals like a Darren Bent who was eventually hounded out because he did nothing for the team.
We now have football where even goalkeepers have to be able to play out, where wingers are judged by their ability to trackback and fullbacks are judged by assists.
Quoting £30/35m for Tammy is way too much for a player who only plays in the I was going to say box but it's nearer the 6-yard box.
Some may think that's what we need, I think we need a team player

Honestly, Heskey in his prime would be the perfect signing for us right now, but yep, unless Tammy's added to his game since he was with us, he'd be a bit of a luxury for us and the way we've been using our strikers in this league.

Honestly, Heskey in his prime would be the perfect signing for us right now, but yep, unless Tammy's added to his game since he was with us, he'd be a bit of a luxury for us and the way we've been using our strikers in this league.
Really a need a Drogba type, a player who can hold it up and do more in front of goal. The trick is to identify and sign these players before the 'big boys' get in there.

Really a need a Drogba type, a player who can hold it up and do more in front of goal. The trick is to identify and sign these players before the 'big boys' get in there.
I think Mitrovic could do it. All the attributes and still only 24, so should still be getting better. Just need Fulham to fluff their lines in the play-offs.

What on earth would we need another striker for when we have Kienan Davis?

I would love to see Tammy back, as long as we then set the team up to play to his strengths.

I like Keinan but I have to admit I don't think he'll score goals for us. He's a brilliant 'defensive forward' like Okazaki for Leceister. He bullies and harasses the backline, he is a brilliant lad to bring on for game management. I genuinely think he played a huge part in us staying up because if it gets near him the ball sticks.

You can see the problem though. I think if a striker is a goal scorer they'll score in this team. We've put in some great balls this year and we create lots of half chances, the goalscorers make these things go in.

Bowen was a missed opportunity, imagine we had a Right Winger who could score goals. Trez scored a lot of important goals but think of the misses he and AEG have had. The four gaps in the team for me are CB, CM, CF and RW. They have to be analyzing the amount of unreal balls we've delivered from the left that a CF or RW should have put away.