The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

I've seen a number of posts on social media that Tammy played for Chelsea U23s in August, which according to FIFA rules is classed as a competitive match. Which means he has already figured for two clubs this season so Wolves would be unable to play him.

Same thing happened with Hatem ben Arfa apparently when Nice signed him - he'd played for Hull on loan and one game for Newcastle stiffs, which scuppered Nice's plans.

EDIT: here's a link to the story:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/14/hatem-ben-arfa-limbo-clearance-fifa-nice-newcastle

I've seen a number of posts on social media that Tammy played for Chelsea U23s in August, which according to FIFA rules is classed as a competitive match. Which means he has already figured for two clubs this season so Wolves would be unable to play him.

Same thing happened with Hatem ben Arfa apparently when Nice signed him - he'd played for Hull on loan and one game for Newcastle stiffs, which scuppered Nice's plans.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/14/hatem-ben-arfa-limbo-clearance-fifa-nice-newcastle

I heard that rumour too, but I'd be very surprised if U23 matches counted. He did also play in the Community Shield but not sure of that is classed as a 1st team match or not.

Yeah, this is absolutely correct. Here's another link to confirm JPA's findings;

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...wolves-transfer-blocked-by-fifa-a4028986.html

I'll clutch at those straws ?

Except worse because we'll get fuck all if he leaves. Still don't think he will though.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that Tammy Abraham just might be Dwight Gayle Mk II.
That is a 20+ goal a season striker at Championship level but, a 5-10 grafter in the prem.
Clouded his future is 58. Much to learn has he.
:sorry:
Just watched Star Wars

The only thing that might hold Tammy back in the prem he does spurn quite a few chances which could prove to be his down fall he was no great shakes for Swansea.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that Tammy Abraham just might be Dwight Gayle Mk II.
That is a 20+ goal a season striker at Championship level but, a 5-10 grafter in the prem.

That could absolutely be the case 58. Plenty of other examples of that very thing around .

Rudy Gestede scored 33 one season in the EFL!. Jordan Rhodes, Vydra also have done well in the EFL but struggled in the the premier.

Abraham is young enough to develop and improve his game.
At the moment his hold up play is diabolical.
Re clear cut chances he seems to score about 50%, but the key thing is he gets into the positions like a natural

TBF Swansea were a struggling side last year. Tammy has strength and power and a knack of being in the right place. If he plays for a top side, they will create enough chances for him. He will just have a split second less to convert them. Andrew Cole made it and had much less talent IMO, but played for Toon & Manure.

I'd probably take a chance on him at £18m. Much more likely than Grabban to deliver.

Abraham is young enough to develop and improve his game.
At the moment his hold up play is diabolical.
Re clear cut chances he seems to score about 50%, but the key thing is he gets into the positions like a natural

Silhill, Jordan Bowery was a natural at getting into the right positions, normally half a second too late, while sometimes being half a second too early. He never has learnt to adjust the timing of his runs.

Now if we could teach Keinan Davies to stay calm when facing goal and score 50% of his chances, we'd have the best of both worlds, wouldn't we, unfortunately things very seldom work out that way.
We'll have to accept Keinan as this generations Emile Heskey, or convert him into a centreback.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he will fail just highlighting the only flaw in his game if we had the chance to buy him as a prem team i would be over the moon if we did.

Odds-on to join the dogheads so just had a cheeky little bet on him staying