The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 76 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

Too much waffle in that letter. I doubt it was ever sent and was purely for "fans" to read .

He does tend to repeat himself on numerous occasions. Far better to say what you need to say and get out of there.

Just because Masters is some puppet for the Premier League, you don't have to treat him like the Queen or attempt to use fancy words.

When they said this was complicated and would most probably involve court cases and loads of top lawyers, it was the biggest understatement yet.

We are at the centre of what could change football forever and how it is governed.

Agree 100%, this could prove the top 6 are not quite bulletproof, and after the statement from Staveley tonight, and Boris showing signs of getting involved, interesting times ahead...

I think football needs a geet big fuckin shake up, then rattled like buggery, but I won't hold my breath, but by fuck I'd like to see it happen, for no other reason than I love to see establishment challenged.

We keep clutching at straws let’s face it we are all in for the same shit next season the deal is no more we have to move on and just for a change take it on the chin. The whole system is as corrupt as fuck simple as that the Premier league are full of shit!

Waste of time writing to Masters, he is a third rate bonehead and not up to the job. The buyers side should just take him and the Premier League to court and bankrupt them. Either that or reorganise it between The Reubens brothers and Staveley. I cannot believe they did not anticipate this and have a plan B. Masters and Co are just playing dumb.

Still nowt from the PL. They're either pig ignorant and arrogant or shitting themselves because of potential legal action into their obvious corruption. Probably a bit of both.

I think it’s the latter OM. They will need to be very careful indeed with what they say in this eagerly awaited statement - otherwise the cats out of the bag and they are then laid bare to litigation. This is the whole purpose of PIF “withdrawing” I think. And who thought tactics was something merely to do with what happens ON the field, eh?

Think the Pl are looking for a way to approve it without losing face.
Master's being replaced by hairy hands mate, is where the leak has come from, and thats why he is now deleting tweets about his "source".
I feel more confident by the day, the FA will buckle, and for all the other clubs that back the top 6 cartel, FUCK YOU!!!!

And as much as it pains me to say, if Ashley parks his Tanks on the PL lawn, with the whole restraint of trade scenario, he could come out of the situation a "hero".

Not that i would completely forgive him for the past 13 years.....

Ashley rumoured to be considering legal action against the Premier League. The PiF should as well and brunkrupt the *****!

Their silence is deafening, as OM and Finn have already mentioned they'll be shitting themselves at the obvious corruption being exposed.
Deals with foreign TV networks - Not in O&D's test
Human rights issues - Not in O&D's test
Pandering to the top 6 - definitely not in O&D's test.

Bet Masters thought all this would just go away, boy was he wrong! The only thing for me is where the fuck was this level of commitment the past 13 years trying to get rid of Ashley?

Not really digested the reply from Masters properly but a couple of flags that don't make sense.

"Masters said: “In June, the Premier League Board made a clear determination as to which entities it believed would have control over the Club following the proposed acquisition, in accordance with Premier League Rules. "

Why did it take until June and what was being done by The Premier League until June in regards to the takeover. The takeover was put forward in April. Purely coincidental that Hoffman was appointed in June.

"Subsequently, the Premier League then asked each such person or entity to provide the Premier League with additional information, which then would have been used to consider the assessment of any possible disqualifying events.

"In this matter, the consortium disagreed with the Premier League’s determination that one entity would fall within the criteria requiring the provision of this information.

"The Premier League recognised the dispute, and offered the consortium the ability to have the matter decided by an independent arbitral tribunal if they wished to challenge the conclusion of the Board.

"The consortium chose not to take up that offer, but nor did it procure the provision of the additional information.”

So if the consortium now gave The Premier League the information it's asking for the takeover would proceed ? Or at the very least go to an independent tribunal ?

This surely is a positive. I've a feeling the two weeks it's taken to reply Chi Onwurah's letter have been spent trying to find a way out of this by the Premier League by bouncing the blame back to PCP. Or have The Premier League just shown exactly how this takeover can go forward.?

One further thought how can you not make a decision and offer arbitration ?

Still a clusterfuck by The Premier League.

Last edited:
Not really digested the reply from Masters properly but a couple of flags that don't make sense.

"Masters said: “In June, the Premier League Board made a clear determination as to which entities it believed would have control over the Club following the proposed acquisition, in accordance with Premier League Rules. "

Why did it take until June and what was being done by The Premier League until June in regards to the takeover. The takeover was put forward in April. Purely coincidental that Hoffman was appointed in June.

"Subsequently, the Premier League then asked each such person or entity to provide the Premier League with additional information, which then would have been used to consider the assessment of any possible disqualifying events.

"In this matter, the consortium disagreed with the Premier League’s determination that one entity would fall within the criteria requiring the provision of this information.

"The Premier League recognised the dispute, and offered the consortium the ability to have the matter decided by an independent arbitral tribunal if they wished to challenge the conclusion of the Board.

"The consortium chose not to take up that offer, but nor did it procure the provision of the additional information.”

So if the consortium now gave The Premier League the information it's asking for the takeover would proceed ? Or at the very least go to an independent tribunal ?

This surely is a positive. I've a feeling the two weeks it's taken to reply Chi Onwurah's letter have been spent trying to find a way out of this by the Premier League by bouncing the blame back to PCP. Or have The Premier League just shown exactly how this takeover can go forward.?

One further thought how can you not make a decision and offer arbitration ?

Still a clusterfuck by The Premier League.

That is the crux of the issue, and shows how corrupt the current test is, and how obtuse their argument is.

Think the PL have outdone themselves with this, and the hope is they now ask Amanda et al, around the table, and sort it. I remain very hopeful.

Whilst the Saudi takeover is on and off more than a Mackem lasses knickers, the rumour mill is providing us with an almost daily link to 'new' interested parties.

Last week or the week before it was that anonymous American called Mauris and the other American who was selling his Italian club, this week it is a Singaporian duo and tonight there's talk of Micheal Chopra leading a bid from Bellagraph Nova Group. It's like a spoof version of the Eurovision song contest.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/spor...-formal-takeover-bid-newcastle-united-2943542