The Super League Discussion | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Super League Discussion

I'm still where I was in the first few days. I still wish Round 1 of this fight had rumbled on for at least a month until pandoras box was truly opened. We needed the fans to see the real truth rather than making the 12 SL clubs the scapegoats.

As an example, rather than UEFA do some navel gazing and figure out that they needed to right their ship, they went on the offensive. It was all aggressive stuff rather than show some humility that their biggest customers aren't happy with the current model. No willingness to change it. More command and control bullshit.

Football is in a dark place and still needs a massive disrupter.

You got caught with your pants down. You were hoping for the powers that be would role over. The fans were never considered.

I don't understand how they didn't know this would be the reaction.

Naiveity? Lack of intelligence? Or just pure arrogance fuelled by money?

I know which one it is as I have had over 20 years of evidence.

Some will continue to lick their pathetic butts some will continue to call out them out for what they are. Parasites in it for profit over glory.

10 years down the line we will be having the same conversation. ENIC and Levy will never change.

You got caught with your pants down. You were hoping for the powers that be would role over. The fans were never considered.

Some will continue to lick their pathetic butts some will continue to call out them out for what they are. Parasites in it for profit over glory.

10 years down the line we will be having the same conversation. ENIC and Levy will never change.

So you would run a company where half the revenues for your product are negotiated by someone else, and big percentages are either kept by the negotiators or handed out to other companies with you having no say?

In a nutshell, that is what football as become. A business where Sky pays £8m to the PL for a televised game, but sends £2.2b profits back to Comcast in the US. A business where UEFA collects all of the money in centrally for the CL / EL TV rights and only allocates about half of it back to the participating clubs.

When I go and watch my local Helenic league side I know where my fiver is going. Quite honestly, unless you go to the Spurs stadium you have no clue where your money goes when you watch TV or stream games on the internet. It is totally corrupt, so I don't blame the 12 clubs for threatening to take their ball elsewhere.

So it's not a lack of intelligence or naivety, it's a negotiation tactic to get back what belongs to them. It's Round 1.

So you would run a company where half the revenues for your product are negotiated by someone else, and big percentages are either kept by the negotiators or handed out to other companies with you having no say?

In a nutshell, that is what football as become. A business where Sky pays £8m to the PL for a televised game, but sends £2.2b profits back to Comcast in the US. A business where UEFA collects all of the money in centrally for the CL / EL TV rights and only allocates about half of it back to the participating clubs.

When I go and watch my local Helenic league side I know where my fiver is going. Quite honestly, unless you go to the Spurs stadium you have no clue where your money goes when you watch TV or stream games on the internet. It is totally corrupt, so I don't blame the 12 clubs for threatening to take their ball elsewhere.

So it's not a lack of intelligence or naivety, it's a negotiation tactic to get back what belongs to them. It's Round 1.

I'm not saying the Premier League, FA, UEFA or Fifa are the messiah. They are all equally corrupt. But our team has deals in place with all of the above. We are on the same page as everyone else. Well in the main. At least we all know the situation.

This is a totally different situation to what we just witnessed.

I would have been more open minded if there was an open discussion with the fans and told what the reasons were. That didn't happen.

I don't care about ENIC or Levy's little games. They can cock wave all they want. But they need to remember without the fans ENIC are nothing. They would go under very quickly.

I think this pandemic has proven that.

There are ways of doing business and the way the big 6 did their business imo was disgusting. Arrogance, egotistical and greed.

UEFA have once again shown their true colours in the last 24 hours.

The UK quite rightly wouldn't allow quarantine exemptions for sponsors, VIP's and broadcasters in and out of the our country. So UEFA put the game in Porto and now 6000 fans each from City and Chelsea have to trek into Europe.

In the parallel universe, this game would have been held at the King Power Stadium or Villa Park and all the tickets would have gone to real fans.

UEFA never change.

Desperation. They were cornered and had to jump one way or another.

Think about times in your own life when you felt cornered and let it cloud your judgement.

Believing they have higher powers or are smarter than most is where all these summaries go wrong.

Consultation is the key to any future developments in the game. Clearly the board members were not best informed. This only highlights how knee-jerk the owner's reactions were & how out of touch they really are with the fans.

This is a good start in the long process of reconciliation.

Desperation. They were cornered and had to jump one way or another.

Think about times in your own life when you felt cornered and let it cloud your judgement.

Believing they have higher powers or are smarter than most is where all these summaries go wrong.

Would they have considered.....what's the worst that can happen ? Keeping in mind some real power in football along with us gets angry if the punishment is severe.

A grovelling apology and some fines could be the price to pay for laying the foundations of reform.

Maybe a judgement call was made and its not so bad after all.

Personally I am fence sitting here with this ESL thing, I believe we are not really getting the full story, the anti Big 6 by the media for me is very one sided, in their favour of course, and of course the "I believe everything the media says" lot take it all, hook line n sinker.

The whole thing for me smells of two very bad rotten to the core apples, FIFA n esp EUFA, the big brother, me me, we know best firm! eg take 100% earnings, pays out 45%, thus 55% in their pockets, some getting used for non-entity causes.

In my opinion something really "STINKS" here and I do not believe it is all about the 12 clubs, maybe it was a fight back sort of thing by them, that because of the one-sided media has blown up in their faces.

I could be way wrong here, but somehow I do not think so.

Personally I am fence sitting here with this ESL thing, I believe we are not really getting the full story, the anti Big 6 by the media for me is very one sided, in their favour of course, and of course the "I believe everything the media says" lot take it all, hook line n sinker.

The whole thing for me smells of two very bad rotten to the core apples, FIFA n esp EUFA, the big brother, me me, we know best firm! eg take 100% earnings, pays out 45%, thus 55% in their pockets, some getting used for non-entity causes.

In my opinion something really "STINKS" here and I do not believe it is all about the 12 clubs, maybe it was a fight back sort of thing by them, that because of the one-sided media has blown up in their faces.

I could be way wrong here, but somehow I do not think so.

Exactly. Populist journalism. How can anyone who knows anything about football believe or support FIFA or UEFA's statements unreservedly?

Lookout! More garbage proposals coming in football.
Never ending football and a never ending money grab

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57205872

World Cup: Fifa to consider holding men's and women's events every two years

Football's world governing body Fifa is to launch a feasibility study into holding the men's and women's World Cups every two years instead of four.

The proposal, by Saudi Arabia's football federation (SAFF), received backing at Fifa's annual congress.
The study will also look at the qualifying competitions for these tournaments.

"We believe the future of football is at a critical juncture," said SAFF president Yasser Al-Misehal.

"The many issues that football has faced have now been further exacerbated by the ongoing pandemic.

"It is important to review how the global game is structured, which should include whether the current four-year cycle remains the optimum basis for how football is managed both from a competition and a commercial perspective as well as overall football development.

"Having fewer yet more meaningful competitive national team matches could potentially address concerns regarding player welfare whilst at the same time enhancing the value and merit of such competitions."

Fifa president Gianni Infantino called it an "eloquent and detailed proposal", with 166 national federations voting in favour with 22 voting against.

The men's World Cup has been held every four years since the inaugural tournament in 1930, except in 1942 and 1946 because of World War Two.

The women's tournament has also been every four years since it began in 1991.

Moving to a biennial schedule would impact other international tournaments such as the European Championship, which also takes place every four years, in the even years between World Cups.

It will lose its allure for me. And it will piss off the clubs.

At this rate, it will be like Cricket is structured - national contracts from your Countries association and occasionally you might be seen in your team colours, what nonsense., and all because as Infantino claims - 'you haven't got to be a rocket scientist to see we could double the WC income'...FFS, these people won't stop until they destroy the game.

The Swiss Justice ministry have informed FIFA and UEFA they cannot take any legal action against any club that was originally part of the Super League.

By all accounts that have now bolstered the three remaining rebel clubs to stand their ground and be ready to act against the governing bodies if they try and sanction them.

Is this the end of the saga now - @80deg16minW may now be right and this may well not yet have gone away for good, although the chairman of Manc and Chelsea say they regret ever having got involved in it now.

It's well and truly dead now: the final nail in the coffin has been done by the want away's themselves;

Super League rebels re-enter European Club Association
Tom_Gott.jpg

By Tom Gott
2:00 PM GMT+1
The-Club-Badges-of-the-12-European-Super-League-te-b4d4217bf350d529ed905e018f92a30b.jpg

The ECA are keen to move on from the Super League / Visionhaus/Getty Images
icon-logo-facebook.png
icon-logo-twitter.png
icon-logo-reddit.png

The European Club Association have confirmed that the nine sides that abandoned plans to join the rebel Super League have been welcomed back into the organisation.

The 12 teams that voiced their intention to form the Super League in April all walked away from the ECA to push ahead with their plans, only for nine of those sides - AC Milan, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Inter, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur - to quickly backtrack and apologise.

Those nine teams have since accepted punishments from UEFA and have agreed to leave the past in the past, and as a further step back towards normality, the ECA have confirmed that each side has had its membership reinstated.

"In its decision, and after an exhaustive process of re-engagement by the clubs and re-assessment by ECA over recent months, the ECA Executive Board took into consideration the clubs’ acknowledgement that the so-called European Super League project (“ESL Project”) was not in the interests of the wider football community and their publicly communicated decisions to abandon said ESL Project completely," a statement read.