The Super League Discussion | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Super League Discussion

It might come across as bitter but I have zero sympathy for any millionaires or billionaires if they lose everything.

That shows a lack of intelligence and a massive ego. You must save for a rainy day regardless of how much you earn.

Nobody gives a damn about me Pompey so I sures hell don't care about some Rich tosser losing some coinage. I have enough on my plate.
RD, read my last line, exactly that mate.

Not really, he worked in the family business. But I think from quite humble beginnings.

The family business was literally a cafe, it was a two bob operation that he transformed, he and his family lived above a small pub in Roman road (which I knew well as a kid) for years - when he did take over the family 'business' (catering for jewish weddings/masonic dinners etc) it was virtually bankrupt, his dad was no businessman, but could cook. Believe me, he started with SFA other than a heap of debt to suppliers to his Dad's 'business', Joe was a contempory of Levy's father, who owned mr.Byrites in the same road - hence the familiar association that goes back decades and decades.

Levy's family/Dad if anyone was the one in a far better position than Joe was.

Last edited:
The family business was literally a cafe, it was a two bob operation that he transformed, he and his family lived above a small pub in Roman road (which I knew well as a kid) for years - when he did take over the family 'business' (catering for jewish weddings/masonic dinners etc) it was virtually bankrupt, his dad was no businessman, but could cook. Believe me, he started with SFA other than a heap of debt to suppliers to his Dad's 'business', Joe was a contempory of Levy's father, who owned mr.Byrites in the same road - hence the familiar association that goes back decades and decades.

Levy's family/Dad if anyone was the one in a far better position than Joe was.

We had a Mr Byrites in Southend when I was a teenager. Rosehills menswear and Victoria shoes were both Jewish businesses. I would take in Rosehills carrier bags to Victoria shoes and the boss would knock 10% off the shoes !!

So 2 of these debt ridden clubs that were forced into this Super league as their finances were in such poor order have somehow managed to scrape together enough money to buy a few more players. Really brings a tear to the eye to see how resourceful they can be in what must be such tough and challenging times for them.

Liverpool spending 34m on another defender. City spending 10m on a 17year old from Brazil on a deal that can go up to 26million.

So 2 of these debt ridden clubs that were forced into this Super league as their finances were in such poor order have somehow managed to scrape together enough money to buy a few more players. Really brings a tear to the eye to see how resourceful they can be in what must be such tough and challenging times for them.

Liverpool spending 34m on another defender. City spending 10m on a 17year old from Brazil on a deal that can go up to 26million.

The Superleague was a 23 year plan I think. It could have grown into a worldwide league later on. The clubs were possibly thinking long term as opposed to the rewards straight away, although 300 mil would have helped.
If the Superleague be it Euro or World could support non participants rather than hog the money it might be more palatable. For example over time the 14 clubs in the PL would be at a disadvantage and just fall even more out of reach....unless they were sharing in the success of the Superleague. The same goes for the other leagues beneath the PL.

I wonder if The Prem will try and punish the teams with a ban on euro ball or a pts deduction or something. That'll be interesting to see.... Might be kinda like poking a pissed off Tiger.

Last edited:
I think we will get a Europa league place this season. Which is still a bonus IMO. We need to finish in 5th or 6th place to do so. The FA Cup winner is between Chav and Leicester but both look to be top 4 finishers and going into the CL.
Its not over yet and we have a favourable run in over the next 5 games. Its worth shooting for the CL if only to achieve EL.

Total pot and kettle.

Can't believe Harry thinks Joe is only half-interested in watching Spurs. Harry is a journeyman that has one FA Cup and an Intertoto on his CV. Joe is in a different league to Harry in his chosen career. Amazingly successful businessmen.

Perhaps if Fergie made the comments they would have some substance to them.

Total pot and kettle.

Can't believe Harry thinks Joe is only half-interested in watching Spurs. Harry is a journeyman that has one FA Cup and an Intertoto on his CV. Joe is in a different league to Harry in his chosen career. Amazingly successful businessmen.

Perhaps if Fergie made the comments they would have some substance to them.

Harry ain't the brightest Mutters. He's done pretty well for a guy that can't tie his own shoe laces. 😉

I wonder if The Prem will try and punish the teams with a ban on euro ball or a pts deduction or something. That'll be interesting to see.... Might be kinda like poking a pissed off Tiger.

If they try and punish the clubs ie points deduction they are also punishing the fans.
As far as I can remember the 14 others said no to that idea, of points deduction.

Harry Redcrapp, I'm afraid I can't stand the big mouthed twat, any success he has got has been at the demise of any Club he has run, as Bournemouth, Scum of the South and Pompey, who's fans hate him with all their heart.
Its always not his fault, its the owners, Levy saw through this and using other excuses, England job, kicked him to fcuk out of our club.

Norwich and Watford already promoted with weeks of the season still to go, Fulham and WBA shortly to be relegated.
Much has been said over the last week of the 'guaranteed status' and lack of competitiveness of the proposed Super League. Fact is though that there is nothing exciting about promotion and relegation between the PL and Championship. It is entirely predictable to the point of being boring, and has been that way for years.
What about a twelve team Premiership, all teams playing thirty three matches a season, one home, one away, and one at a neutral venue against each of the other teams. Three promotions and three relegations at the end of each season.
Now that really would be innovative, competitive and exciting. There would no doubt be six to eight promotion and relegation candidates every season.