The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

I've just listened to his interview on the OS and he mentions loads of Villa players in a very positive way but doesn't mention Jack, so either he's been told not to or he knows something we don't

“Now we’ve got players coming into good ages. We’re going to be at Villa for years to come and hopefully with the more Premier League games we get under our belt, the more experienced we are, the more we can push up the table.“

Nice one SJM! I expect you gone next summer then 🤣

“Now we’ve got players coming into good ages. We’re going to be at Villa for years to come and hopefully with the more Premier League games we get under our belt, the more experienced we are, the more we can push up the table.“

Nice one SJM! I expect you gone next summer then 🤣

The way things tend to go for us I would imagine so :D

I've just listened to his interview on the OS and he mentions loads of Villa players in a very positive way but doesn't mention Jack, so either he's been told not to or he knows something we don't

I genuinely think the club have been playing the PR very carefully with the whole jack thing for months, to the point they will be telling players what to say (or not to) on the topic. They’ve played it very well to be fair, but I do think this isn’t your imagination and it’s how these things work as we move to become a top professional sports club.

I think and hope there is a quiet burning desire to do it without Jack and prove once and for all he was just another player in a good team.

The terrible form in the back end of last season was blamed on Jack's injury but the truth is that it started before that. I'm sure the players are aware of that. Maybe they are happy to have a ready-made excuse for it but I'm sure they aren't happy to be considered a one man team.