The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

Ha Fergie (If the reports were true) McGinn running is perfect and it doesnt work with your timekeeping.

Keep on running. Fantastic news

If Maguire is worth £80m, SJM is a bargain at £120m.
He's only worth what someone will actually pay, if we can squeeze £100m+ then that would be a fine piece of business. Just think our owners don't need the cash so it is purely a business decision if we sell, or the player is angling for a move. We've got so used to Deadly penny pinching or Randy selling our best assets, we assume that is our role. These owners are building a dynasty, they want to compete at the top end of the division. We need to realign to think bigger picture.

He's ours and he's priceless to us and like Merd says we really have to get used to being the 3 richest club our owners don't need the money and don't appear to want to make money for the sake of it , it;s a toy

He's only worth what someone will actually pay, if we can squeeze £100m+ then that would be a fine piece of business. Just think our owners don't need the cash so it is purely a business decision if we sell, or the player is angling for a move. We've got so used to Deadly penny pinching or Randy selling our best assets, we assume that is our role. These owners are building a dynasty, they want to compete at the top end of the division. We need to realign to think bigger picture.
Selling SJM as a "purely business decision" would destroy everything that has been created since February and the feelgood factor would simply evaporate. SJM does not want to leave and the club does not need the cash, so why risk the impetus that has been created?
And who is behind the stories of SJM leaving? A closet boozer and the puppet press of the Sky darlings.

Selling SJM as a "purely business decision" would destroy everything that has been created since February and the feelgood factor would simply evaporate. SJM does not want to leave and the club does not need the cash, so why risk the impetus that has been created?
And who is behind the stories of SJM leaving? A closet boozer and the puppet press of the Sky darlings.
Either my explanation was poor, or you misunderstood my intent.

To me, buy a player for £2.75m and sell for £100m = good business
To our owners, who are building a dynasty, it is small change.

BTW you make a massive leap of faith to suggest that SJM wouldn't want to leave the club if Manure came calling. If they double his wages and can qualify for CL you don't know what SJM may be thinking.

Either my explanation was poor, or you misunderstood my intent.

To me, buy a player for £2.75m and sell for £100m = good business
To our owners, who are building a dynasty, it is small change.

BTW you make a massive leap of faith to suggest that SJM wouldn't want to leave the club if Manure came calling. If they double his wages and can qualify for CL you don't know what SJM may be thinking.
Just reading into what he said in a recent interview. I think what we have with SJM is one of those all too rare qualities in the modern game - that of loyalty.

Just reading into what he said in a recent interview. I think what we have with SJM is one of those all too rare qualities in the modern game - that of loyalty.
Didn't a certain Mr Snake profess his undying loyalty to the club a few years back - I don't want to open up that argument again, but players are always loyal to the club that pays them right up until they secure a move away. SJG is the closest thing we have to a loyal servant and (for perfectly reasonable reasons) he was looking forward to going to Spurs.

Villa should not sell unless the player wants the move, if a player wants a move in this day and age u can not stop them. If they want to leave then in all honesty i dont want them in the shirt, i dont care how good they are

I wasn't suggesting we should sell him at any price, just commenting on his value relative to other PL players.

I wasn't suggesting we should sell him at any price, just commenting on his value relative to other PL players.

Spurs paid what £50/60m for their players and they dominated our midfield for the whole game so John, good as he is isn't there yet

To be fair i genuinely think that mcginn would get into any team in the prem apart from man city, liverpool and Tottenham (my opinion) the difference is Tottenham have 4 class midfielders as much as i love captain jack he is still to inconsistent for the time being. Against Tottenham jack was outplayed and the second goal was his fault. What im saying is mcginn was on his own on Saturday for us in terms of performance levels compared to our other 4 midfielder's, Tottenham's midfield had there faults but really there midfielders where on par with each other in there performance, there wasnt really inconsistency. We need our other midfielders on par with mcginn when facing the big boys to make an impact in this league and to be fair we were knackered after an hour aswell. Another thing is we shouldnt have been sitting so deep the whole second half just inviting the attacks, to me these are the things we need to improve. And im going to be ballsy an call it now wesley aint good enough, from what iv seen so far and i have watched every minute that bloke has played in a villa shirt he hasnt got it and was bullied the whole time he was on the pitch on saturday.

To be fair i genuinely think that mcginn would get into any team in the prem apart from man city, liverpool and Tottenham (my opinion) the difference is Tottenham have 4 class midfielders as much as i love captain jack he is still to inconsistent for the time being. Against Tottenham jack was outplayed and the second goal was his fault. What im saying is mcginn was on his own on Saturday for us in terms of performance levels compared to our other 4 midfielder's, Tottenham's midfield had there faults but really there midfielders where on par with each other in there performance, there wasnt really inconsistency. We need our other midfielders on par with mcginn when facing the big boys to make an impact in this league and to be fair we were knackered after an hour aswell. Another thing is we shouldnt have been sitting so deep the whole second half just inviting the attacks, to me these are the things we need to improve. And im going to be ballsy an call it now wesley aint good enough, from what iv seen so far and i have watched every minute that bloke has played in a villa shirt he hasnt got it and was bullied the whole time he was on the pitch on saturday.
Spuds are a well oiled machine forged in the furnace of the CL. As a unit they were better, but given time SJG & SJM could be part of a similar unit. As you say a "Kanye" class of player could make the unit. Have we signed one? Time will tell.

Spuds are a well oiled machine forged in the furnace of the CL. As a unit they were better, but given time SJG & SJM could be part of a similar unit. As you say a "Kanye" class of player could make the unit. Have we signed one? Time will tell.

His first albun was great but he's gone mad since he married yer one.