The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

You are correct ggs. Des was a fantastic servant to villa. I remember as a kid watching him run miles and miles and miles around Sutton park during the summer, when most of his teammates were off to Marbella....
He was one of them players as young lad I never fully appreciated till he had gone.

The Hibie omens are good; Cropley, Bremner, McGinn - somebody tweet him lol.

Mightily impressed that he turned down Celtic to come to us. Says something about his character IMO. Really hope he's as good as villahibs thinks he will be.

Wonder where he’ll play him, looks to play in Jacks position for Hibs.

Hourihane now the odd man out?

Fair play to him. He could have gone to Celtic but when people talk about going to Celtic for European football of course it's only until November when they get knocked out of the group stages.
With a 1-1 home draw last night against AEK they have a job on to get through qualifiers.

As for league challenge. It's a non event in that league.

This guy looks quite exciting wouldn't say he was the final piece of the jigsaw but his signing will surely allow Jack to play in the hole and concentrate on tearing defences to pieces this could be the signing that gets us up.

My worry is Bruce insistence that the ball goes wide at every opportunity. He clearly is a player that can pick the central forward pass and drive through the middle. Will he be told otherwise. This is why I don't think we have seen the best from Connor.

You watch Hourihane and the other midfielders. They pass backwards and sideways when there is the opportunity to turn and take the space in central areas.

Bruce remains the man for me currently but this issue drives me to distraction at times.

My worry is Bruce insistence that the ball goes wide at every opportunity. He clearly is a player that can pick the central forward pass and drive through the middle. Will he be told otherwise. This is why I don't think we have seen the best from Connor.

You watch Hourihane and the other midfielders. They pass backwards and sideways when there is the opportunity to turn and take the space in central areas.

Bruce remains the man for me currently but this issue drives me to distraction at times.

He could be superb for Hogan when he is fit

Wonder where he’ll play him, looks to play in Jacks position for Hibs.

Hourihane now the odd man out?
I would hazard a guess Jack will play the number 10 role and Mcginn will be a box to box type player and yes Hourihane could be under pressure now.