The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

I think it's because he's just not a particularly consistent player for one reason or another.

May be down to the fact Dean played him 90 mins every single time he was available when it not only wears him out but also he knows no matter how he plays he'll be in there again next week regardless, Some games he is brilliant and some games he really could do with being subbed after an hour when things aren't going well.
Also he's a midfield scrapper who doesn't really have a position other than a scrapper. He's not good enough as a defensive midfielder and further forwards doesn't have the tools to open up top PL defences. We sign a 38m forward player and people want SJM to play there instead? madness

A quick word for SJM then.

Super indeed these last couple of games - I've only just seen the behind the player view of his goal yesterday and what a finish, he actually pushed it wide of the post but curled it back inside with barely an inch to spare - GOTM if Ronaldo did it.

He is a scrapper but also with superb quality at times, obviously models his game on Dalglish to my eye and a very complementary player to have in midfield with Nakamba as an out and out DM and Buendia as an out and out AM which is why I wanted Buendia in the first place as I thought I could see how they may overlap well if we managed to sort out the DM side of things.

Hopefully Nakamba gets a good run now and continues to improve which will get the best out of SJM which will also get the best out of Buendia IMO - that's some spine if it all clicks.

Clearly the best Scottish player in the World right now?

Seen the links to Manure and Liverpool for the January transfer window :wagging:

I feel its worth saying and saying loudly:

SUPER JOHN MCGINN IS GOING NOWHERE :tongue:

If the rumor's are true and Yanited actually want to sign SJM, what would an acceptable price be for his signature. I recognise that none of us want to sell, but as a hypothetical exercise £100m for YKW seems to have been acceptable. I don't think the £50m valuations floating about would be acceptable to the fan base for SJM.

If the rumor's are true and Yanited actually want to sign SJM, what would an acceptable price be for his signature. I recognise that none of us want to sell, but as a hypothetical exercise £100m for YKW seems to have been acceptable. I don't think the £50m valuations floating about would be acceptable to the fan base for SJM.

I dont think we can sell another first team regular so soon after selling Jack. We would need to be talking unrealistic figures that no one is going to pay. This rumour is a non-starter for me

Yanited can Foxtrot Oscar.

He's not been pushed further forwards either like half the people on here thought he should be but given a proper midfield role in with two others whose job is to defend deep and allow the fullbacks to attack then try and support them or cover them should we lose the ball , all very simple all very Klopp