The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

It's said that it was concussion from a second blow which led to him coming off. Think he'll probably get a scan and be monitored. Not an easy thing to put a timescale on.

Missus just let me know about this, I asked her how she knew SJM played fit Villa. Apparently from “that bloody song you keep singing”.

First time I've seen that programme in probably 30 years. Maybe I'm getting old, but I remember it as being quite amusing.

Brilliant performance Saturday. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side. I think he has stepped up since YKW departed to pass the ball 5 yards and go clubbing with questionable team mates .
He was good but he did give the ball away for the equaliser so on that basis he did deserve to lose. A harsh criticism perhaps as he was probably our best player over the full game, but he is one of the senior leaders now so needs to lead by example and keep his concentration throughout the game and cut out the occasional sloppiness. The standards are high for him because we know he can be a great player for us when he’s fully fit and on form, as he showed for 95% of the game on Saturday

He was good but he did give the ball away for the equaliser so on that basis he did deserve to lose. A harsh criticism perhaps as he was probably our best player over the full game, but he is one of the senior leaders now so needs to lead by example and keep his concentration throughout the game and cut out the occasional sloppiness. The standards are high for him because we know he can be a great player for us when he’s fully fit and on form, as he showed for 95% of the game on Saturday

No mention of his brilliant assist and goal in your post . Yeah , very harsh .

Last edited:
No mention of his brilliant assist and goal in this . Yeah , very harsh .
I did say overall he was good and was probably our best player and for 95% of the game showed he was a great player. I am happy for him to continue in the vein but the next step up for him is to cut out his occasional sloppy passes and dispossessions, at that point he’ll be a top PL player. I also think he’s far better when he has a licence to burst forwards which is something Dean has to consider in his tactics, I think the current 3-5-2 might suit him but a 4-3-3 with 4 attacking players in front of him might stifle that element of his game.