The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

Another outstanding performance from McGinn tonight. One minor nit picking, he needs to work on that right foot. Other than that he was superb again today. Bargain of the century

Gotta love the way he uses his body to protect the ball. It's like he doesn't have to worry about controlling the ball, it's always under control so he can focus on fending off his man with his body.

I think we're going to have to move on from McGinn in terms of him being a regular by the start of next season. As a starter he's bottom 5 quality at this level.

I think we're going to have to move on from McGinn in terms of him being a regular by the start of next season. As a starter he's bottom 5 quality at this level.

I didn't see the game as I was house viewing, I seen reports he was our worst player, was that true ?

I don’t understand what’s gone wrong. He’s struggled to regain fitness since coming back from injury. I’m not seeing a player who can cover every blade of grass in this league based on a higher pedigree of player anytime soon.

So he needs to work on his game and become a more intelligent player rather than a Bruce Willis character in the midfield.

He wanted us to bring in better quality which we’ve done, for me he has to make a sacrifice and become a player that fits a system for others to flourish. We’ll need his energy at points, but do the basics, give us some shape and when the confidence is back he can go marauding forwards looking for a winner.

you mean John "gooseberry" McGinn
Ah yes, that's a phrase I haven't heard in many years! Gotta keep up with my Brummie slang so thanks for the reminder! I called someone a pillock the other day, actually made me laugh just saying it (the American recipient laughed too as he didn't have a clue what a pillock was).

Ah yes, that's a phrase I haven't heard in many years! Gotta keep up with my Brummie slang so thanks for the reminder! I called someone a pillock the other day, actually made me laugh just saying it (the American recipient laughed too as he didn't have a clue what a pillock was).

With me it's Black Country slang. I called someone a yampy twat the other week. My wife who is a northerner had never heard the phrase and couldn't stop laughing, or should I say loffin.

With me it's Black Country slang. I called someone a yampy twat the other week. My wife who is a northerner had never heard the phrase and couldn't stop laughing, or should I say loffin.
Quality 👍

I got called a "mardy get" once. Northern for miserable git.