The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

I thought he was terrific tonight his best game by far since he came back from injury. On another day he may have got a goal as he made one or two breaks where if the pass was better he would have been clean through.

Yep, great to see and actually quite relieved to see the spark back....was getting a bit concerned that he just hasn't looked anything like the player he was before his injury, although he didnt actually start the Prem too well before his injury tbf. Much more like it tonight...and fitness levels certainly back...brilliant to see.

That clip of SJM had me smiling. I was a bit worried when he flew into that tackle he got booked for though. I had visions of that injury he picked up that cost him most of last season.

How good was he tonight ?

Top form! Cracking goal and a great assist for Jack.

Although if you watch back and even on MOTD Liverpool should of had a penalty because of his challenge and because he didn’t follow the man he was marking he was at fault for their first goal and ball watched and dispossessed for their second.
I think he was asked to play a different role tonight as he defended and stayed pretty deep, His overall performance made up for his mistakes put some quality balls in the box but that’s me over analysing.
I’m just enjoying the result!

Agree Wurzel.

I was half worried that his level might be being a top championship player - and as I said a week or so back, that is not a bad level to be at. I thought the last game (Fulham) he was all of a sudden clicking, best performance since our promotion I said at the time. And then last night, looks like he has the fitness and now the full belief. He must be buzzing.

"The Scotland national team has confirmed five of its playing squad and backroom staff are to self-isolate for 14 days following a positive Covid-19 test result."

But SJM has tested negative...

I worry the season will descend into chaos and suspension.

Projections I saw a while back estimated that ICUs will be exhausted again by the end of November so I would suggest that a two month shutdown of, well, everything really, could be on so that may well involve football too.

Last edited: