The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

As I put in the Nyland thread, there are some player threads that you see bumped and you hope its because they are gone.

Then there are other player threads you see bumped and you think. ...oh no !.

Phew !

As I put in the Nyland thread, there are some player threads that you see bumped and you hope its because they are gone.

Then there are other player threads you see bumped and you think. ...oh no !.

Phew !
You and I think very alike when we are on that VV home page Melon!!

How you got that message from that interview is beyond me. The exact opposite message throughout.

Was thinking the same to be honest. Strange interpretation of the interview.

“It’s not going to be easy. But we’re behind each other, backing each other. We’re on the same page.”

“Seeing Wolves going so far in Europe shows us what’s possible and we must take inspiration from that — then do it our way.

"Hopefully, in a couple of years, Leicester and Wolves will be jealous of us.”

What it does do is pile the pressure on the owners as the interpretation will be that the owners are going to spend big when that is not what was said. It could be what Edens is saying is carrying on the way they have and putting the faith in the talent they identify as coming good and thereby improving the squad depth and not spending 30/40 million on one player.

We’ll see.....but the answer may not be in this transfer window because it’s a unique window both in timing and situation because of Covid 19.

Oh. And 2.75 million !!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Have we been investigated for fraud ?

Last edited:
The only place SJM would leave for is Celtic when he's over 30 and they can't afford him.
Oh and we all know there is only one club in the midlands

Both our neighbours have done well, no denying it. However, I think there is financial pressure on both to some extent.

Leicester sought and acquired a new loan with Macquarie recently (seventh since 2018), whilst Wolves have yielded to pressure from Spurs with the sale of Doherty, who was a very effective attacking outlet for them. The reported fee of £15M seems modest for the player, still only aged 28. In addition, there are suggestions Santo is stalling on a new contract due to transfer restraints.

Given time, maybe Villa will regain the Cown of the Midlands. UTV!

Both our neighbours have done well, no denying it. However, I think there is financial pressure on both to some extent.

Leicester sought and acquired a new loan with Macquarie recently (seventh since 2018), whilst Wolves have yielded to pressure from Spurs with the sale of Doherty, who was a very effective attacking outlet for them. The reported fee of £15M seems modest for the player, still only aged 28. In addition, there are suggestions Santo is stalling on a new contract due to transfer restraints.

Given time, maybe Villa will regain the Cown of the Midlands. UTV!
Cown meaning: [ noun ] (law,criminal law) a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property.
I like the cut of your jib sir :tophat:

SJM is very ambitious, he just wants the best for himself and the club. I love his attitude, he’s a winner and wants to be winning.

He seems happy here, he’s a big fish and the team can work (and should work more) around him.

His goals will be massive next season, and if he can get a few early doors like at the start of last season when he was having 4 or 5 pot shots per game, we’ll grow and grow.

I’d like to see him given a licence to play much further forward and push out a bit towards the right hand side allowing him to cut in on his left, again as he seemed to do early doors last season.

SJM is very ambitious, he just wants the best for himself and the club. I love his attitude, he’s a winner and wants to be winning.

He seems happy here, he’s a big fish and the team can work (and should work more) around him.

His goals will be massive next season, and if he can get a few early doors like at the start of last season when he was having 4 or 5 pot shots per game, we’ll grow and grow.

I’d like to see him given a licence to play much further forward and push out a bit towards the right hand side allowing him to cut in on his left, again as he seemed to do early doors last season.

Err ... weren't we losing early doors last season?

Just seen a clip of him playing for Scotland yesterday.
Either he has bulked up or he has put some timber on.