The Super John McGinn Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The Super John McGinn Thread

tmg513 said:
John McGinn was just mentioned by the SNP Leader Ian Blackford in the debate on the Queen's Speech.
Do tell?!
It was in reply to one of the members for, I think, Dudley, and said something like "although the Rt. Hon. Member's team, Aston Villa, is not doing very well, we have lent them one of their best players John McGinn." I wasn't paying that much attention and my ears only pricked up when SJM was mentioned. I apologise in advance if I've quoted it wrongly.

Was surprised when Mings admitted earlier in the season to having an injuction in his groin so he could play as well. Just always masks the pain, so surely could make an injury far worse?

Was mainly surprised because i thought those days were over. I know players of old were injected and sent out in any old state, and feck me many are paying for it now.
Spot on Fear. Pain is the bodies way of telling you something is wrong. Pain killing I ejections should never be used like that

I actually think both situations are utterly ridiculous actually (not like me to disagree with you is it...? :grinning:)

The Mings situation was beyond stupid. The player made a poor decision and tried to be a hero, and the staff (including the physios and coaches) have absolutely no excuse for not making the correct decision. I played and coached for a very long time and never in 30+ years have I seen a player get cramp after 18 minutes!
With McGinn, he's got a thigh strain, can't play at anywhere near 100% and you have three other midfield players who can take his place. Instead of getting him on intensive rehab for 1-2 games we've now had a shell of a player for the last 4, and likely to be out longer.
We coped Ok without Grealish earlier in the season (almost beat the european champions), so there shouldn't be a need to play a half-fit player.
It makes me wonder if they also knew about the Jota injury and let him keep playing when clearly he wasn't up to speed....
Not sure if the medical staff are the same or not, but they did the identical thing with Chester and came close to ruining his career.

First time I’ll say this about him but he’s a fool, there was need to dive in like that just because he was frustrated from the no foul given prior to that, he’ll learn to keep a cool head in future hopefully.

Fuck.

Maybe I’m in a dreamworld but perhaps we go for someone like Foden on loan. Game time for him, Pep might like the opportunity to see him regularly and we get a good player in the middle.

Good call but I think he is far too much of an asset to City even coming off from the bench because he's the sort of player that can immediately influence a game and not many can do that.

Healing + rehab = around 3 months out. Hopefully we will still have a chance of survival if he comes back at the end of March. Based on the last few games it is more likely to be 6/7 weeks for him to get a move to stay in the Prem next season.

Wouldn't be the same if we went through a season without a long term injury to a key player.....bloody hell we don't help ourselves at times but we really don't have much luck either! Medical staff it would seem, thought he'd be out for the season so 3 months seems better than they expected.....as it is.....still bloody awful news for us!

This is a real blow, we'll really, really miss him. At least it has happened before the window, if there is any positive to take from it? Anyways, best of luck with recovery SJM

I know he’s struggled recently but this is a major blow. Will make it even harder to turn things around now