The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

Blast from the past... Janoi Donacien is with a Championship club after Ipswich have taken him on from Accrington.

You can't say Xia procrastinated over the sale; when he had the right offer he snatched it with both hands. Who did you want to take us over, Adams?

Also he backed his managers; this club has cost him about £150m. Yep the setup was dodgy what with China's changing rules, and maye he shouldn't have got into it in the first place. But he seemed the best prospect to replace Randy.

I still think we have a pretty good squad. Elphick should do OK in defence, although we are a bit thin for backup. At first sight the forward line is thin, but no thinner to when we played Davis, and it's Bruce's choice not to play Ross. Surprised that Davis and Hogan both have groin problems on-going; isn't there a medical approach to curing it?

If we have to stick with this squad then we'll have to make the best of it, as do other Championship teams. But I'd be surprised if a GK and a forward don't come in.

If the manager chose to buy Kodjia, McCormack, Hogan, Adomah for the best part of 50 million, together with the kids already here, and if he cant put a forward line out good enough for the championship - blame him, not Xia.

Bruce didn't buy Kodjia, McCormack or Adomah.

And Hogan would be decent if he wasn't always injured.

I'd take Tammy Abraham in a heart beat.

He banged in goals for fun at this level before with Bristol City, and it's not that long ago he was playing for England.

I swear to god people sometimes forget where we currently are. We're not a top 6 prem side battling with Spurs and Everton anymore. We can't be turning our noses up at someone like Abraham in our position.

Blast from the past... Janoi Donacien is with a Championship club after Ipswich have taken him on from Accrington.

Fair play to him. Its good to see he's grafted to work his way back up from the lower leagues. Last I heard he was at Newport but apparently he's been at Accrington for 2 years.

Abrahams I think would be a good signing. We have 4 injured strikers, 3 of whom are injury prone, Knibbs and Mccormack so it's certainly an area we need strength in. Abrahams bossed the championship in a mediocre Bristol City team in his 1st ever season as a pro and though he didn't set the world alight in the Premier league last season he was at an awful Swansea team with Jordan Ayew supplying him. I think he do a good job for us and should we get promoted we'd have a good chance of bringing him in permanently.

Abrahams I think would be a good signing. We have 4 injured strikers, 3 of whom are injury prone, Knibbs and Mccormack so it's certainly an area we need strength in. Abrahams bossed the championship in a mediocre Bristol City team in his 1st ever season as a pro and though he didn't set the world alight in the Premier league last season he was at an awful Swansea team with Jordan Ayew supplying him. I think he do a good job for us and should we get promoted we'd have a good chance of bringing him in permanently.

Agree with this, he has proven he is dangerous at this level. It seems he is holding out for a prem move, but I'm not sure who will go for him.

Its a pretty simple equation snoddy, johnstone and graban last season showed that if players put in effort, we will welcome them with open arms as one of our own. If he bangs in the goals to fire us up, we would be right there with a contract for him, and he would be having a crack at the prem with a team he is established and settled in.

If we sell Grealish for a penny less than £40m it will be a travesty and signal a total lack of business acumen and ambition

Silhill, I'd settle for £25m in cash and £15m in add ons for Grealish and be happy.
I'd want Dan Burn from Wigan, Sinkgraven from Ajax and Maddison from Peterborough.
Add Hughill from West Ham on loan and an experienced keeper.
A good window.

If we sell Grealish for a penny less than £40m it will be a travesty and signal a total lack of business acumen and ambition

I dont think anyone really expects to get £40m - always ask for more than you will accept as the buyer will usually offer less. If we got £25m it would be good business IMO

Maddison at Norwich went for £25 million. Thats the benchmark and surely Grealish is the better player?

I'd expect him to be our record sale. £32,000,001 if necessary to beat the Bentke deal.

Can't see us getting more than £25m (plus a few add ons) for Grealish if he does go. I always assumed he would go so I assume that we have been planning replacements.