The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

Melon that's like asking tall or short Juninho, we never knew but we were supposed to be signing one of them lol

According to the Mirror, Jack Grealish is staying at Villa next season whatever division we end up in:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-rumours-live-arsenal-12411363

Grealish staying put at Villa

Jack Grealish will stay at Aston Villa next season – whether or not they get promoted.

The player’s agents met with club officials this week to talk about plans for the future, and all parties are agreed that the boyhood fan will remain with his hometown club.

(Scroll down to 12.56 on the timeline for the full text, not that there is much more to see)

Great news if it's correct. Whatever division we're in we've a much better chance of doing something with him than without.

Yes. Will we be shopping in Harrod's or Lidl ?

Looking like Poundland if these rumours are to be believed:

The Daily Mirror are reporting Aston Villa boss Bruce is interested in Abel Hernandez, but only if he successfully manages to lead the club to promotion back to the Premier League this season through the Championship play-offs.

He's available on a free this summer apparently.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-join-race-sign-1523597

And I see Carles Gil might be on his way back as Deportivo have been relegated from La Liga and are no longer under an obligation to sign him permanently.

Hernandez is a bit of a lazy link I think, due to the fact he was our No.1 target before we signed Kodjia.

The press probably don't even realise it was RDM in charge at the time, not Bruce.

On a free though.... I wouldn't say no, but that would mean, either no Grabban permanant or Kodjia moved on. We couldn't accomodate all 3 of them.

The way we play I dont think we can afford a luxury such as Hernandez (or Hogan unfortunately).

I'd much rather we keep Grabban, whichever league we are in.

Otherwise Bruce will just be recreating his Hull side. How long before we sign Alan MacGregor in net and Michael Dawson in for JT?

:eek!:

Regardless of how we get on in the playoffs, I'd like to see Bruce sort out our strikers decisively. If we go up, we really, really need a plan for scoring goals.

We're the 3rd highest scorers in the Championship this season, so i'd be asking for more of the same. Not sure there's a massive rebuild needed up front.

I think 2 new full backs a centre back and a DM are the priorities if we go up.... as well as signing Johnstone, Snodgrass and Grabban permanently.

7 players. £100 million?

I'm not sure Grabban could cut it in the premier league, definitely not as our main striker anyway. Kodjia might if he was fully fit but will he be. Hogan, McCormack certainly wouldn't get a sniff so I think we'd need one big money centre forward.

Aside from that we'd need a lb, rb, 2 cb's, a winger and a new central midfield to go around Jack as I can't see Jedinak, Whelan, Thor, Hourihane or Lansbury as anything other than squad players in the premier league. Hope the good Dr is ready and willing to splash the cash if we go up.

Obviously it's a whole different game if we stay down. The loan guys wouldn't be back I imagine and we'd probably be seeing a lot of the under 23 lads in the squad. Either way it'll be an interesting summer.