The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

Snoddy is a no brainer.

A proven player who is good in the dressing room and wants to be at the club at that bargain price.

There's literally no sense in not making the deal permanent.

£12m a "bargain price"! Really ?
Isn't he in his 30's now ?
Don't get me wrong he's been great but would it be an astute investment?

The Grealish thing got me thinking about what if.

I wonder how much loyalty the lad has to the club.

If we don't go up, I'd expect the bigger fish to pick us clean of whatever talent we have. Depressing.

£12m a "bargain price"! Really ?
Isn't he in his 30's now ?
Don't get me wrong he's been great but would it be an astute investment?

Yeah 30. So just about in the prime of his career I'd say with 4 years of top flight football ahead of him.

In today's market £12 million for me is a bargain.

To be honest, it's not my money so i dont really care how much he costs.

Simple question. Are we better with him or without him. Answer = With him, so make it happen. The price doesn't concern me.

The Grealish thing got me thinking about what if.

I wonder how much loyalty the lad has to the club.

If we don't go up, I'd expect the bigger fish to pick us clean of whatever talent we have. Depressing.

I suspect he has a lot of loyalty to the club. But I think it rests on this club being on the up. If we're going to stick as also-rans year after year, think he could move. But looking at his prospects I think £20m would be a give-away.

Grealish may have little say in his future if we don't go up.
Let's say we could get £35-40m for him it won't be his decision

It's obviously all speculation atm, but Wet Spam can slap any price tag they want on a player, but if the player wants to leave and there are no other bids we won't have to pay £12m.

Remember also that we have been feeding FFP to the press for a long time now, so will be pleading poverty with other clubs so that they can't rip us off.

Reference JG - depends which division we are in of course, but if a player wants to go, we must let him go (see Berahino & Evans for details). To us he is worth north of £20m, so lets see what the end of the season brings. On top of that we have some other very promising youngsters that can potentially fill the void. If we remain a championship club we will have to get used to being stripped of assets. The trick is to keep on developing new assets - not an easy task, but as we have seen in this division you don't need to spend massively to compete (Huddersfield, Brighton, Cardiff).

Still think the future's bright and I will still support AVFC whatever division and whoever plays for us. I think we lose sight of that sometimes.

If we do stay in the championship we have a few loanees that could come back to help out Ritchie De latt at right back for instance never felt we got a good look at him over a run of games due to injury. Maybe Gollini has grown up enough to come back and compete in goal. As we may need the numbers and have little to spend even Carlos Gill might do a job as a squad member. No I do not want to stop the youngsters coming through but we stand to lose an awful lot of players end of season,and these guys are still on the books.

Regardless of what happens now , I've had more enjoyment out of this season than any other since the MON halcyon days

Exactly. I've loved this season.

And whatever anyone says about MON, I was never happier as a football fan than under his tenure.

People just analyse and criticise down to the nth degree too much these days. I didn't like that team selection, that substitution was wrong blah blah.... I just prefer to look at the bigger picture. Is supporting Aston Villa fun, and under Bruce it has been for me for the majority and it most certainly was under MON.

If we do stay in the championship we have a few loanees that could come back to help out Ritchie De latt at right back for instance never felt we got a good look at him over a run of games due to injury. Maybe Gollini has grown up enough to come back and compete in goal. As we may need the numbers and have little to spend even Carlos Gill might do a job as a squad member. No I do not want to stop the youngsters coming through but we stand to lose an awful lot of players end of season,and these guys are still on the books.

It was only a few days ago I saw somewhere a report that De Laet is struggling to get a game at Antwerp......

Exactly. I've loved this season.

And whatever anyone says about MON, I was never happier as a football fan than under his tenure.

People just analyse and criticise down to the nth degree too much these days. I didn't like that team selection, that substitution was wrong blah blah.... I just prefer to look at the bigger picture. Is supporting Aston Villa fun, and under Bruce it has been for me for the majority and it most certainly was under MON.

Thank god for that. The way most seem to talk about the MON days I thought I was some sort of weirdo for really loving it under him.

Despise him for the way he left but in those days we were beating blues and the baggies regularly, beating Ajax, winning at Old Trafford, The Emirates, WHL. I loved it.

Thank god for that. The way most seem to talk about the MON days I thought I was some sort of weirdo for really loving it under him.

Despise him for the way he left but in those days we were beating blues and the baggies regularly, beating Ajax, winning at Old Trafford, The Emirates, WHL. I loved it.

Yes I suppose MON's time with Villa will be forever tainted by the way he left.

For me, in a similar way to Bruce this season, when MON was manager, I wasn't afraid of playing the big teams. Under DOL, we knew we'd get spanked by anyone in the top 6 (at least towards the end of his reign).

When MON was manager, we could go toe to toe with anyone. It's been the same under Bruce this season.

After MON left, we went back to being pushovers.

Agree completely. Under MON I walked to every game believing we could win.

He was a nob for the way he left, but to lose sight of the fun it was while he was in charge is ridiculous in my opinion. Happy days.

I'd be very disappointed if Grealish left at the end of this season regardless of how this season ends.

Let's get this one out of the way early doors.

Moves for Jermaine Defoe and Benni Mcarthy are not happening.