The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

About time we had an item on players contracts due to expire in the summer is it not Mr Field. ? must be some of the deadwood on the way out surely ?

Apparently west ham want 12m for Snoddy in the summer. Even though I've been won over by him I still wouldn't pay that. West ham paid 10m for him 18 months ago and bombed him out to us whilst the chairman has slagged him off saying he wasn't worth the money the spent on him. Now all of a sudden he's worth 12m. I like Snodgrass but I'm sick of us being ripped off.

In today's market £12 million for Snodgrass is a bargain.

Andre Ayew cost Swansea £18 million
Danny Drinkwater cost Chelsea £35 million
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain £35 million
Kieran Gibbs £7 million
Kevin Wimmer £18 milion
Chris Wood £15 million.... I repeat Chris WOOD £15MILLION!!!

Snoddy at £12 million is bargain of the decade.

Regardless of the league we're going to have to be savvy because having more money in the EPL doesn't seem to mean much since the fee's are just as inflated.

With Championship funds I guess it'll be a lot of loans and wheeling/dealing. The one positive is with each year down we get out of some of our existing contract obligations from mistakes of the past.

The playoffs will show whether signing the likes of Whelan was a good idea or not. I don't like Whelan but he has experience and its these type of games I expect he was brought in for.

If we're still in the Championship I suspect we won't pay out £12m on a single player. If that means losing Snoddy so be it. If he goes we can switch Adomah back there and play Green on the wing, although we'll need backups if we do. But there are several U23s waiting for a chance, so don't see we have a problem.