The Summer Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 133 | Vital Football

The Summer Transfer Thread 2022

I'm not totally convinced. Certainly not good enough for Man City. Another British talent playing a handful of games.
Grealish did the unexpected, now he's robotic and predictable. Pep drills them to his perfection. I couldn't watch Barca with him in charge and can't watch City. Tippy tappy snorefest!

Not being linked to any centre forwards. Doesn't mean it won't happen but i'm a bit nervous the regime are happy with Ings / Watkins for another season.

We weren't linked to Ings either though were we. We just have to get used to the fact that the media probably haven't s clue what we're doing.

Linked to Soucek of West Ham this morning though. In the sun so probably rubbish. He'd add some muscle to the midfield certainly.

Linked to Soucek of West Ham this morning though. In the sun so probably rubbish. He'd add some muscle to the midfield certainly.
as are Newcastle. He'll follow the big wages i reckon , if he's unhappy with West Ham's offer he's clearly just following the cash

We weren't linked to Ings either though were we. We just have to get used to the fact that the media probably haven't s clue what we're doing.

I like Soucek, think he'd be a great addition to our squad. He certainly adds the height that a few have been asking for as well.

Regarding Soucek. Long ago I learned to ignore transfer rumours that say anything like "insider says" or "according to reports", or "top journalist reveals". They are invariably clickbait and as such are absolute tosh.

Think the MLS was the most obvious move for him. He'll just jog about half hearted to keep fit for the World Cup, then probably pick up some mysterious injury afterwards so he doesn't need to play again.

There's an interview with him where be contrasts the European media being critical of him for his golfing habit with the relaxed attitude of the americans where NBA stars play a round of golf in the morning before playing basketball in the evening.

Bale is joining LAFC. There must be some good golf clubs there then.
Yes Pebble Beach is an elite golf course and is maybe a three hour drive and quicker by helicopter.

He really can’t be arsed anymore, wouldn’t be surprised if he jacks it all in after the World Cup.

There's an interview with him where be contrasts the European media being critical of him for his golfing habit with the relaxed attitude of the americans where NBA stars play a round of golf in the morning before playing basketball in the evening.
I think the huge difference there is that he doesnt play a game for Madrid in the evenings. He's usually on the treatment table.
I'm sure I heard on the TV or radio during the week that there are rumours he's considering trying to become a pro-golfer when he retires. Apparently he plays off scratch so wouldn't put it past him

Hopefully they have some players lined up as this squad as it stands is hardly any better than the one that flopped so badly last season.
Agree. And the league looks harder next season so we can't afford the fuck ups vs lowly clubs. We didn't beat anybody decent last year which is highly worrying, the ghost season results look like freak blips