The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 322 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Elmo and Taylor managed to find new clubs?

I'm actually amazed that Elmo didn't end up at Newcastle....

I think if we make the signings we have in the last few days before the window, ahem, finishes, then this is a totally different conversation. I think it's obvious the club are looking at now bringing in very specific targets should they be possible but being okay waiting if they're not. If Ward-Prowse and Smith-Rowe lands differently then we've spent an additional £70-80m without the owners batting an eyelid.

Totally agree, its disappointing to see a few comments questioning whether we're well run or not. We're one of the best-run clubs in the league.

Our owners are in this for the long haul, Wes Edens is 59, he bought the Bucks 7 years ago and only this year did their investment materialize into anything. Wes Edens can wait another 7 years for us to challenge for the title.

I appreciate their patience, there is unnecessary urgency placed on clubs to perform. I have faith in the club to bounce back stronger even when we lose a key player. We have a proper recruitment strategy. And tbh they've said themselves that they'll lose players on the way thats just football.

Liverpool patiently waited for VVD, they didnt rush out to sign another world-class CB because he is the lad they wanted. His attributes were pivotal to them playing the way they do now.

I haven't seen Bailey yet but Buendia I'm already thinking "where is he playing", is he another one of those players you have to build your team around to be effective or play like Norwich.
He's not a striker he's certainly not a winger WTF is he. He was one of two no8's at Norwich, we play with a front 3 or one depending on how you look at it.
Could be another Ross Mac , but one that can open his own gates. By that I mean nobody could fit him into their team.
which brings me to how do you fit in Ings and Watkins together.
It seems a mish mash of players, rather than a plan

One bit of class got us a goal and a point and I’m expecting a lot more. Good too that he’s been called up by Argentina in that they also rate him. Unlike Ross, my money’s on him being a tremendous acquisition.

I'd be very surprised if we are in a dogfight this season. I'd also have no problem with us consolidating for this year, ending up between 9th -14th. My only problem with this outcome is next transfer window. When Emi1, Ollie, Konsa etc all get offers from Sky 6 clubs, we will have no leverage. A finish equal or lower than last season puts us in massive danger of losing this season's top dogs. Especially as they had no affinity to the club to begin with.
As long as we get decent money for them i'd lose no sleep selling any of them and reinvesting. They will all be off like a shot given the chance so i have no affinity with any of them

Liverpool patiently waited for VVD, they didnt rush out to sign another world-class CB because he is the lad they wanted. His attributes were pivotal to them playing the way they do now.

they got caught with an illegal approach in the summer transfer window then 'pulled out' of signing him, he then downed tools and missed a ruck of games 'injured'and they signed him as soon as the next transfer window opened. (and his fitness returned)
Doesn't strike me as a particularly good example of owt apart from shithousery tbh

seems a lot of wishfiul thinking about long term plans, direction of travel and the new quality we've added. Hoepfully it's more than wishful thinking but net negative spend starts raising question imho.

We were in danger of becoming Aston Grealish as the hype wanted to create a god before he’d done enough to become one. I shall watch how he copes with being one to be workshipped for City and England - if he starts. At Aston Villa now everyone has to step up to the plate.

We were in danger of becoming Aston Grealish as the hype wanted to create a god before he’d done enough to become one. I shall watch how he copes with being one to be workshipped for City and England - if he starts. At Aston Villa now everyone has to step up to the plate.
I don't think they will worship him at City , England perhaps now beaky has no option but to play him or look rather silly leaving a 100m player on the bench and playing the bloke he's keeping out of his club side

Let's put it this way if you gave Dean the choice of keeping JG and adding one of the 3 players he had brought in to replace him I'm sure he'd have kept JG and one other.

But if you gave him the choice of keep snake2 and one other against the choice of the three others, what would he do? I wonder.

I think we got more for J*!k than he was worth, even to us.

I don't think they will worship him at City , England perhaps now beaky has no option but to play him or look rather silly leaving a 100m player on the bench and playing the bloke he's keeping out of his club side
I think the media worship him; after all he's good copy. Haven't heard much enthusiasm from C£ty fans.

My guess is that Southgate will be totally unaffected by the move. He dropped Foden with no hesitation. He played Sterling even though he wasn't playing that often at C£ty. Still think Sterling will get the call over Snake2.

Status
Not open for further replies.