The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 296 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like about Ronaldo is how serious he takes his training, he’s so dedicated in his fitness and training and basically the top model professional of how to look after yourself and keep yourself in peak condition.

So many footballers could learn a lot from that dedication, you won’t see him smashing up cars after a drunken night, or coming back after pre season having piled on the pounds or going on a booze cruise abroad.

I literally regard him as a living legend in that sense, he’s at the very 0.01% and if others were so dedicated they’d reach a higher level.

He’s still a top top footballer, I hate his diving antics, I don’t think he’d get away with it as much now, Can’t see him going to anyone other than Man Utd if I’m honest.

It's being claimed a new name is being mentioned.... that of Thomas Delaney of Borissia Dortmund and Denmark. Good defensive midfielder, but he'll soon be 30 yrs old. £13m is being mentioned. For his experience, I'd say go for him.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/08/23/aston-villa-thomas-delaney/

Not sure I'd take much notice of this if the standard of the article is anything to go by. Luiz was the main reason we won on Saturday following our 3-1 defeat against Watford the previous week. Not sure Delaney would offer that much any way. He's decent, but that's about it.

It's being claimed a new name is being mentioned.... that of Thomas Delaney of Borissia Dortmund and Denmark. Good defensive midfielder, but he'll soon be 30 yrs old. £13m is being mentioned. For his experience, I'd say go for him.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/08/23/aston-villa-thomas-delaney/

It's a position we drastically lack in.
Nakamba is a good tackler and reader of the game, on his day but, he lacks consistency and passing ability.
Luiz is more of a central midfielder, possibly a box-to-box player.
McGinn is wasted in a deep position and should be further forward.
I think everyone knows my number one choice for this position would be Denis Zacharia of Borussia Monchengladbach, available for just over £25 million.
My second choice would be Frank Anguissa of Fulham but, I wouldn't be heartbroken with the purchase of Bissuoma from Brighton.

I think everyone knows my number one choice for this position would be Denis Zacharia of Borussia Monchengladbach, available for just over £25 million.
My second choice would be Frank Anguissa of Fulham but, I wouldn't be heartbroken with the purchase of Bissuoma from Brighton.
Good evening Mr Lange

I couldn't spot him in a line out, to be honest. Obviously, a standout name when watching Denmark as you think what's a bloke called Delaney doing playing for Denmark. Can't say I've watched Denmark very often and I've watched a bit of Dortmund v Bayern the other day and not sure if he was playing or not. As the focus was on Bayern and the Star player of Dortmund, Haaland.
On a positive note at least I've heard of him

I couldn't spot him in a line out, to be honest. Obviously, a standout name when watching Denmark as you think what's a bloke called Delaney doing playing for Denmark. Can't say I've watched Denmark very often and I've watched a bit of Dortmund v Bayern the other day and not sure if he was playing or not. As the focus was on Bayern and the Star player of Dortmund, Haaland.
On a positive note at least I've heard of him
We've had some good signings from Scandinavia (if you discount Leonhardsen and Gudjohnson) so would be a decent bit of business, plenty of experience. If he turns out half has good as his namesake Mark, he'll do.
Also I managed a lad called Thomas Delaney for the local pub side. Had half a pigs heart due to a birth defect...true story.

Interesting decision that. Could be a good move, but maybe not. Grass isn't always greener..

When you see the youth team we are creating and he’s a Full back, we have space for him, we’re an exciting prospect, not I’m not surprised and apparently Everton fans really think he’s quality so for me it’s definitely a welcome addition if he comes, could be the Aston Villa Era, Man United had theirs.

When you see the youth team we are creating and he’s a Full back, we have space for him, we’re an exciting prospect, not I’m not surprised and apparently Everton fans really think he’s quality so for me it’s definitely a welcome addition if he comes, could be the Aston Villa Era, Man United had theirs.

Gone to Southampton anyway. Clearly has ambitions of playing championship football this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.