The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 295 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the problem of inheriting the number 10 shirt, the younger PlayStation generation sees it as a status, almost the wearer has to be the best player in the team.
Big pressure on the lad and there shouldn't be. I'm hoping for a decent season but I don't see it happening without JG, I'd love to be wrong of course but.....

I agree with @JW1985 Bailey is somewhat flying under the radar with much less pressure on him to succeed. I think he can be a good foil to take pressure off Emi2.

The biggest issue I see is Dean probably doesnt know his best team. Probably the only reason we may not buy a CM is long term Emi2 is probably going to be asked to play as a 10 or slightly deeper. And with Ings, Watkin, Bert, Bailey all vying for the front 3 its hard to see how Emi2 fits into a front 3 with those names when centrally we look weak.

Bissouma! I know Arsenal are supposed to be after him but if he’s been watching them he’d be mad to nail his colours to a sinking ship.

I’d hate Arsenal to sign him, I think he’s absolutely quality and I would pick him in front of any midfielder we currently have, I can’t see it happening though, but Aston Villa should seriously consider it if they are serious about Europe, not only does it strengthen us but it weakens Arsenals hopes significantly which is easily worth it.

Having seen Bissouma over the weekend I'd have to agree he looks one hell of a player and would certainly free up Luiz to play further forward which is exactly what we should be looking to do. Also lets mcginn go forward aswel as we know he is much better in doing so! Wishful thinking to get him but thats what this discussions all about :guiness::cheers:

I see the Daily Star has us in pole position to sign Sparta Rotterdam midfielder Abdou Harroui who I've never heard of.

I'll take it with a pinch of salt given it's the Daily Star.

If spuds are in the running to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, why not us?

My number 1 transfer target would be Bissouma. The guy has everything we need and is a superstar in the making.
28m to buy Ronaldos contract apparently and it would mean Dean dropping Ollie

28m to buy Ronaldos contract apparently and it would mean Dean dropping Ollie
We just got rid of one guy who falls over a lot, why would we want Ronaldo? He used to be a quality diver, but I'm just not seeing it any more - he's lost it :shake:.

If spuds are in the running to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, why not us?

My number 1 transfer target would be Bissouma. The guy has everything we need and is a superstar in the making.

Ronaldo would pay for himself with all the marketing potential that he would bring with him. Would be amazing if we signed him, but really couldnt see him coming to a mid-table PL team. Spuds wouldnt pay his wages either

I bet he makes his club more than that in marketing income.

I wish I could find the video but someone ran the numbers and I think Ronaldo either made them a profit or pretty much paid for himself. And not just that but brought so many eyes to Italian football again each club in Serie A also saw revenue increases just because he played in Italy.

Juve had massive merchandise sales, received more money from sponsors, and got new sponsors and their TV money also increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.