The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 259 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that the one thing we often overlook in this thread is that the game is now about a squad and 14 players per game, not 11 and subs. The game is going the same way as rugby with its technical use of subs.

It went that way within 6 months of subs being allowed. It changed the game, IMHO for the better. Injured players weren't forced to play on.

In fact, it's more than 14 players, because clubs with larger squads can afford to rest players. Bet DS wished he had somebody better than Barkley to play towards the end of last season.

Another thing, DS doesn't tie players to one position. His wingers often swap, or move inside; he's looking for mobility. It's not 2 players for every position, it's more 6-8 for the front 3-4.

Last edited:
No need to drop either Ings or Ollie, they could play very successfully in the same team, even in the 4-2-3-1. Ings playing in the centre of the 3, with Bailey and Buendia either side would give a lot of chances to Ollie and with Ings there to pick up any loose balls, sounds good.

As for El Ghazi, Wesley, Davis and Trez, probably best for them to move on as we improve the quality in the squad.
Obviously Trez will not be moved on until he's over his injury but, Anwar could be moved on today. Roma want him for £15m, although I'd want add ons, like a friendly pre-season game at Villa Park for the next 5 years.
Wesley and Davis must go out on loan, which would hopefully increase what anyone would be willing to pay for them.

As for us getting Tuanzebe on loan, I'd only be interested if we got an option to buy for a set amount, say £10m.

You must of misread my message mate that’s exactly my point, but if you’re bringing in another left winger you’d have to drop one.

With the numbers we have in midfield I'd suggest selling Luiz for about the £27.5m that was the City buyback price.
I don't quite understand how no one has made an offer for Hourihane either.
Anyway we could get an international DM for what we'd get for Luiz, someone like Denis Zakeria from Borussia Monchengladbach. He's a Swiss international, still only about 24 and Gladbach are willing to let some of their players go for less than market value, solely because of the money they've lost due to TV deals basically collapsing and the pandemic. Players like Zakeria and LW/CF/RW Marcus Thuram, a French international. We could get both for about £50m.

With the numbers we have in midfield I'd suggest selling Luiz for about the £27.5m that was the City buyback price.
Anyway we could get an international DM for what we'd get for Luiz, someone like Denis Zakeria from Borussia Monchengladbach. He's a Swiss international, still only about 24 and Gladbach are willing to let some of their players go for less than market value, solely because of the money they've lost due to TV deals basically collapsing and the pandemic. Players like Zakeria and LW/CF/RW Marcus Thuram, a French international. We could get both for about £50m.
...because he's shite

No way are we selling Luiz. Especially not for that pittance of a buyback fee.

What have I missed at Inter then?

Chinese owners whose funds have dried up (hard to believe that)
been trying to flog them off with no takers for the price they want.
600 mill in debt and losing ~200 mill per season.
Players apparently forfeited their league win bonuses and still they struggled to pay the wages.
f*cked basically

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.