The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 212 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like who does. Most teams in PL play double pivot like we do with McGinn and Luiz
Yeah, the Makeleles are mostly a thing of the past. Thiago Alcântara is probably the closest modern archetype - doesn't need to be a 6'4" legbreaker but good positioning, reading the game and can play the damn ball. Luiz is much closer to that than Nakamba.

Yeah, the Makeleles are mostly a thing of the past. Thiago Alcântara is probably the closest modern archetype - doesn't need to be a 6'4" legbreaker but good positioning, reading the game and can play the damn ball. Luiz is much closer to that than Nakamba.
What’s Kante classed as then? They are still out there and very useful.

What’s Kante classed as then? They are still out there and very useful.
Personally, I was talking about the Jedinaks the Rices and Philips of the world.
Kante gets about the pitch, he doesn't sit on the toes of the CB and never move over the HW line.
I'm more than happy the Villa play with SJM and Luiz or Marv, I just don't want some gangly carthorse in our side any longer.
They may save the odd goal more but then they do next to nothing attack wise so it negates the odd goal saved

Marv will almost certainly be a starter for the first few games at least as Luiz is at the Olympics with Brazil.

No way we're selling him.
That is definitely a valid point, I think I read Luiz isn’t planned to be back until mid September.

However I do think there are better players out there than Nakamba, he is energetic and makes tackles but I am not convinced by his positioning and let’s be honest his ability with the ball leaves much to be desired.

That is definitely a valid point, I think I read Luiz isn’t planned to be back until mid September.

However I do think there are better players out there than Nakamba, he is energetic and makes tackles but I am not convinced by his positioning and let’s be honest his ability with the ball leaves much to be desired.

I can see Nakamaba, with the staff in his ear, and Luiz not coming back to the squad for some time, using this as his best opportunity to stake a first team place. Hopefully he grasps it and we get to see the best of him.

Helps that he seems like a genuine and humble bloke, so I wish him the best.

Also, with an improved Nakamaba, it may force Doug to improve his game too.

Luiz and Marv should be going nowhere. Like Marv . We look better with him in . Tbh we looked better with Konsa in at right back at the end of the season with Cash injured.
Better? Defensively more solid maybe but not as good going forward. We needed to stop the rot and it was a happy coincidence when Cashy went but hopefully the long term solution is the ball sticking a bit more in midfield and forwards.

Better? Defensively more solid maybe but not as good going forward. We needed to stop the rot and it was a happy coincidence when Cashy went but hopefully the long term solution is the ball sticking a bit more in midfield and forwards.

Fair point ‘better’ maybe not best term. We didn’t concede against spuds and Chelski last 2 games . Maybe due to the end of season weirdness to results that sometimes happens but it’s given Deano an alternative to as you say make us more ‘solid’ .

I certainly agree that Luiz needs to improve his game, doesn’t look like the player he was in his 1st season for us, maybe because he played further forward, wimps out of to many tackles for me, always feel happier with Nakamba playing that position.

And the advantage with Nakamba is that he tries to stop the other team's players with his feet instead of with the hands like Luiz, which guarantees a foul, whose positioning for me is crap as he has to resort to using his hands more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.