The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 211 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying we should have persevered with Samatta?
Nope, because the situations are completely different.

Samatta was brought in as an emergency stopgap for little money and given a chance to exceed expectations and got worse and worse as the season went on.

Wesley was brought in as a first-choice starting striker for a club record and was getting better up until he was injured.

Nope, because the situations are completely different.

Samatta was brought in as an emergency stopgap for little money and given a chance to exceed expectations and got worse and worse as the season went on.

Wesley was brought in as a first-choice starting striker for a club record and was getting better up until he was injured.

I'm not convinced myself that Wes was getting much better. In the game he got injured he was doing ok, scoring one and having another disallowed - prior to that I thought he was one of our biggest weaknesses. The ball never stuck up front and he lacked movement.
I cant see how he will get his match fitness back sitting on the bench behind Ollie every week, so would be more than happy to see him loaned out

Rumours now circulating that Everton and Palace are interested in Nakamba. Apart from the fact I think it's nonsense, im actually surprised by this.

Personally, I don't think we need a DCM, I'm certainly not a fan of players who can't play but can stop those that can. In this day and age, you all have to win the ball back asap. The modern defensive midfielder is a bare minimum Marv, but he doesn't just sit he nicks the ball and plays. I don't want us with a Jedinak , Rice or Philips .
Much better off not giving the ball away so much with 50 yard punts to Ollie from Mings

I can't think of a current team that plays without a holding midfielder.

Of course, you are right. If we never gave the ball away, we wouldn't need to defend at all. We could be like Barca or Citeh and play 11 midfielders all playing 3 yard passes.

I can't think of a current team that plays without a holding midfielder.

Of course, you are right. If we never gave the ball away, we wouldn't need to defend at all. We could be like Barca or Citeh and play 11 midfielders all playing 3 yard passes.
Villa play with 2, my point is they don't have to be 6ft converted CB's who can't actually play football

Rumours now circulating that Everton and Palace are interested in Nakamba. Apart from the fact I think it's nonsense, im actually surprised by this.

Surely not. Marv looked good at the end of last season, and even better against Walsall, very lively. He mops up better than anybody else we've got. He'll be playing a lot this season. If we're going on the front foot up front then we need him.

I wouldn’t blame Marv if he wanted to move, at 27 if he wants regular first team football and other clubs will appreciate him more then you’ve got to go with it, for us his all round game isn’t quite there, fantastic at doing a DM job though and earned way more starts than he was given.

Although there could be some logic behind it, sell Marv for around 15m and then splash another 15m on someone like Anguissa, Luiz won’t be ready for the Prem with his Olympics which he has chosen over starting the season with us which is fine, but let him come back and then fight for his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.