The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 207 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been reading an article in The Athletic about players available on a free and honestly I'd happily take on Andre Ayew as a backup striker considering he wouldn't cost us a fee. Would offer more than Wesley and Davis goal-scoring-wise as well I think.
You've written off Wesley after one 2nd half playing in rubbish setup with Davis and no Buendia putting balls on a plate like he did for Ollie? 31 year old Ayew would be a pointless wage hole. Rather use Brad Young

You've written off Wesley after one 2nd half playing in rubbish setup with Davis and no Buendia putting balls on a plate like he did for Ollie? 31 year old Ayew would be a pointless wage hole. Rather use Brad Young

More to do with how we can’t guarantee how he’ll recover from such a serious and long-term injury than tonight, but he never looked brilliant beforehand either! If we’re serious about breaking the top 6 we need better than Wesley and Davis as backups.

Leon Bailey, I have been tracking this lad last since early........... yesterday and can confirm he is a sensational player if his YouTube highlights are anything to go by, every bit as good as Sancho.
He does have on thing we don't have , pace real pace
Glad you've undertaken a full and detailed analysis of this player over a period of hours 57. It means I don't have to :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can we start the Paul Pogba thread yet? I heard he was having a medical last week. Can't believe it's not all over the press yet :shrug:

More to do with how we can’t guarantee how he’ll recover from such a serious and long-term injury than tonight, but he never looked brilliant beforehand either! If we’re serious about breaking the top 6 we need better than Wesley and Davis as backups.
Why did Manure bring Greenwood into the main team 2 seasons ago at 18. What were they thinking? Villa fans been complaining for decades about how we don't bring young potential through now we have chance and it's like can't do that we might risk chance of mystical top 6 let's get a fat Ayew instead and further block youth talent progress. Not you personally but collectively to this kind of post does my head in with this backward attitude.
We better spend 400 million on 9 or 10 players in case everyone of our first XI gets injured because backup not as good. What if Salah Kane Fernandes Jorginho Chillwell VVD Robertson KDB etc etc etc get injured. No club has super expensive backup chilling on bench in case someone gets injured. Such a nonsense sky is falling negative attitude

Last edited:
I've watched a 3 minute Youtube video so I'm now an expert on all thing Leon Bailey. Bailey looks like a right amusement arcade. He can play up front too. His squad number was 9 at Leverklusen. He's also a flash Herbert on and off the pitch.

Arsenal media reports now saying they’re pulling out of Bailey race due to their background check that he has an attitude problem, well that’s another way of not completely embarrassing themselves going against us for a target 😂

Why did Manure bring Greenwood into the main team 2 seasons ago at 18. What were they thinking? Villa fans been complaining for decades about how we don't bring young potential through now we have chance and it's like can't do that we might risk chance of mystical top 6 let's get a fat Ayew instead and further block youth talent progress. Not you personally but collectively to this kind of post does my head in with this backward attitude.
We better spend 400 million on 9 or 10 players in case everyone of our first XI gets injured because backup not as good. What if Salah Kane Fernandes Jorginho Chillwell VVD Robertson KDB etc etc etc get injured. No club has super expensive backup chilling on bench in case someone gets injured. Such a nonsense sky is falling negative attitude

I think we agree on spending big money as backups, as I don't think we're there as a club yet anyway, and you genuinely won't hear me criticising Smith giving young players a go in the team. I was impressed with a lot of the players who played yesterday for example, and there seems to be a lot of talent in that Youth Cup winning side.

My issue with Davis is just based around, what has he actually done to deserve a place in the first team? Quickly looking up his stats, the lad's got 6 goals in 85 appearances, and he's not a 17 or 18 year old who is just breaking through, he's 23. He needs a loan spell where he can play regular football.

So I think the only area where we disagree, is that I think we need better back-up options in the short-term to help us kick on and achieve our goals. We could do worse than a smart loan or free transfer (like Young).

Status
Not open for further replies.