The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 187 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, we're hanging on a limb, holding our collective breath (well, most of us) waiting for actual news, not rumour.

It's about time we 'converted' one or two of these 'rumours' into FACTS and get someone signed....... and let me just clarify, I mean first team/first team squad not youth team etc etc.

Bloody hell. Are you seriously criticising the club for not signing anyone because you believe the rumours which they have no control of and will not be in the slightest bit true .

Next you will be telling us you like watching James Corden on TV more than an England match.:whist:

Bloody hell. Are you seriously criticising the club for not signing anyone because you believe the rumours which they have no control of and will not be in the slightest bit true .

Next you will be telling us you like watching James Corden on TV more than an England match.:whist:

Just the usual frustrations that come every window I suppose Melon.

It's just me really. When I was out on the road I would always make sure I get to appointments early because I would hate to be late due to traffic etc etc. Same here, I want things done early, get it done. Even DS wanted the signings in before they were due back, it hasn't happened - bar 2.

James Corden?.... yeah, comparing James Corden to the likes of England v Scotland for example, yeah, definitely.

I did watch the match last night you'll be happy to know. First half in the kitchen, second half in the lounge..... :tophat:

Just the usual frustrations that come every window I suppose Melon.

It's just me really. When I was out on the road I would always make sure I get to appointments early because I would hate to be late due to traffic etc etc. Same here, I want things done early, get it done. Even DS wanted the signings in before they were due back, it hasn't happened - bar 2.

James Corden?.... yeah, comparing James Corden to the likes of England v Scotland for example, yeah, definitely.

I did watch the match last night you'll be happy to know. First half in the kitchen, second half in the lounge..... :tophat:

Look Boris (I know it's you), get it done may have worked for Brexit (or may not, depending on one's point of view), but we're talking here of something which matters.

Reckon we only need another couple of mainstream signings, so half the work is already done.

Some of the MLS clubs get a 10 out of 10 for effort in creating a fanbase. Atlanta and Columbus for example, while others are simple there out of a sense of obligation by the owners (for example, the New England team is meaningless to the owner as his NFL team is his baby). You simply cannot replicate 140 years of ingrained passion, passed from generation to generation and part of the culture. Just as importantly, local rivalries just don't exist here. The closest is Boston/New York, and even those two cities are 4-hours apart. It's akin to Arsenal-Man City being considered a local derby! Even the big cities that have two teams in some sports have them playing in separate divisions. The Yankees and the Mets, the White Sox and the Cubs, Jets and Giants, don't even play each other in anything meaningful.... And the lack of any type of relegation/promotion leads to most "regular season" games being damp squibs with very little pressure.
My wife's from Philly and the Union's 'local' rivals are DC United, which seems a bit strange when you've got New York right there. The Sons of Ben are quite fun though.

It's hilarious people getting their knickers in a twist that we didn't/haven't signed players linked with us that were most likely completely invented click bait in the first place (see JWP Tammy etc)

Rumour that we may be looking at Wayne Hennessy as bask up to Emi. Not a name to get excited about but as back up keepers go I suppose he isn't too bad. Hopefully we wouldn't need him apart from the odd cup game

Rumour that we may be looking at Wayne Hennessy as bask up to Emi. Not a name to get excited about but as back up keepers go I suppose he isn't too bad. Hopefully we wouldn't need him apart from the odd cup game

Would be a decent option but we'd need to get Kalinic out of the door first I'd think!

Would be a decent option but we'd need to get Kalinic out of the door first I'd think!

I read somewhere yesterday we were in talks about extending his loan deal for another season. Think it was a Croation club, Dinamo Zagreb from memory although could be wrong on that
His time at VP is definitely done

I don’t even find Corden funny that’s the worst thing. Anyway Fear will be having kittens about this off topic convo now I’ve jumped in :grinning:

Looked a good player from what I saw of him a couple of times for Reading. Perhaps it might play our similarly to the Eze signing if that’s their strategy, sign up and coming young players already in the south east who will appreciate in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.