The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 137 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at how much BS this website spouts.

Not only did Sanson look good with his technical ability when he played (a little lightweight/rash tackles) But he spent most of his time injured.

Luiz buyback clause is supposedly expired now, so this is another none starter, I also don’t see much truth in JWP rumour, and we’d have to move a couple of central midfielders
Agree it seems like BS re Sanson and Luiz. But we only have 4 senior central midfielders (Luiz, Mcginn, Sanson, Nakamba) plus Ramsey and Chukweumeka so depending on how you see the additional 2 younger lads we could be short of one guy. That’s also on the basis that I see Grealish / Buendia primarily as wide players rather than central attackers
That's 6 players for 2 positions. Another reason the bid for newly signed 5 year contract JWP makes no sense

Let's be honest we don't have a big enough squad to let Sanson or Luiz go, one of which we've only just bought and he's not been fit.
These articles are total ill-informed bull shit
Seen so many comments that because Brazilian international, Luiz, had a dip in form he's not good enough anymore so we need to upgrade. Must be generational thing

Agree it seems like BS re Sanson and Luiz. But we only have 4 senior central midfielders (Luiz, Mcginn, Sanson, Nakamba) plus Ramsey and Chukweumeka so depending on how you see the additional 2 younger lads we could be short of one guy. That’s also on the basis that I see Grealish / Buendia primarily as wide players rather than central attackers

McGinn, Sanson, Luiz, Nakamba, Hourihane and Ramsey for 2 places in a 4.2.3.1, 4.3.3 you’d then include Chukwuemeka, so if we bought in another player like JWP that’s 7 players in a 4.2.3.1 or 8 players in a 4.3.3, so I think 2 players would need to go, Ramsey on loan and Hourihane sold, unless that happens it’s way too many players in the middle for me.

Last edited:
Big John Charles was both the best centre forward and best centre half of his generation.
He came to watch me play a few times - well actually to watch his nephew [who was 15 but playing in an under 18s side]. He was a really nice bloke who encouraged all our team generously - given our skill [lack of] level.

Locking at that picture of Ward-Prowse, it’s a good thing he can take free kicks because his golf swing doesn’t look up to much.

With the set-up we've been playing, two sitting in front of the backline, we only have space for one central midfielder playing in advance of the two.

MD, I really wish for once in your life, you'd read something properly.
For one thing he wasn't signed to the club originally as a forward, he was signed as a kid that showed promise and potential as a footballer.
As for me thinking I know better than the coaches because I don't think he'll ever make it as a forward, well here's a bit of news for you, there are dozens on this site, not to mention other sites devoted to the Villa, who think the same, including you, only you don't think he'll make any kind of footballer, whereas I do. I can see ability and potential in him, just as the coaches including DS do. I just think he should be tried elsewhere. I haven't changed my mind about CB to DM either, read what was written.
I don't mind you criticising anything I write but, criticise what I write, not what you wish I had written.

There are no other sites devoted to villa that I am remotely interested in and shame on you for looking elsewhere !. :grinning:

And judging by the comments on this thread . Nope, they think as I do in relation to his move from CF to GK, sorry i mean inside right, left wing err I mean CB.

Last edited:
I think Davis could re-train as a physician, he’s had enough injuries.

Anyway, Transfer news is relatively quiet, I wonder if we’re seeing any gems from the National sides that we can bag on the cheap.

I know you shouldn't as players often play above themselves for their country, especially in a tournament but its so hard not to think "he'd do a good job for Villa"

So far Embolo, Berradi, Locatelli have impressed me from the bits I've seen.

The biggest problem is that our very own manager seems to rate KD and last September Keinan signed a new extension on his contract to keep at the club until 2024.

I would imagine Dean smith must have played a big part in this by recommending a new contract to our CEO Christian Purslow?

Anyway, back to transfers although it's gone quiet at the moment?

Seen so many comments that because Brazilian international, Luiz, had a dip in form he's not good enough anymore so we need to upgrade. Must be generational thing

Yes full Brazilain international and in their lastest squad but he's not good enough for Villa. People need to realise that Buendia is a year older than Luiz and can't get into the Argentina squad and has had one season of PL football yet he's going to push us to the Champions League.

Nothing stranger than football fans. Only as good as the least game mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.