The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 136 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
It‘s absurd .

But if there is a more recent example of a forward being turned into a permanent defender for a premier league top 6 side then please educate me. An example from 40 years ago when the game was a different world from today is hardly a compelling case.
This is the real world not Fifia .

Davis v Kane . Can’t wait . :slap:
Sol Campbell maybe but he switched positions way before he was 22.

Davis to centre half would have made sense when he was 15/16. Probably would have had a better career there as well. But absolutely no chance he could do this now. Too long in the tooth to learn a new position at this level.

Think we should close this thread. No need to sign anyone, just convert Davis to a cb, El Ghazi to a lb, Sanson to a winger and Wesley to gk and we're all set!
Sounds like a plan. It worked for the Dutch team in 1974. Only one recognised defender in their back four , Wim Rijsbergen, and he was a right back converted into a centre back to play alongside Ari Hahn who was a midfielder converted to a centre back. Two full backs, Rudi Krol and Wim Suurbier converted from wide midfielders. Then again, the Dutch have always been a bit barmy. Well, totally actually.

Davis to centre half would have made sense when he was 15/16. Probably would have had a better career there as well. But absolutely no chance he could do this now. Too long in the tooth to learn a new position at this level.

A decent CB needs to be able to read the game well and get his positioning right. Don’t think Keinan does that too well myself, would be a car crash watching him play there
Much better to sign another back up CB to replace Engels

No.
It‘s absurd .

But if there is a more recent example of a forward being turned into a permanent defender for a premier league top 6 side then please educate me. An example from 40 years ago when the game was a different world from today is hardly a compelling case.
This is the real world not Fifia .

Davis v Kane . Can’t wait . :slap:

We tried to convert Riccy Scimeca into a forward once. That went well.

A decent CB needs to be able to read the game well and get his positioning right. Don’t think Keinan does that too well myself, would be a car crash watching him play there
Much better to sign another back up CB to replace Engels

Dominic Revan is a much better option that a re-styled Davis, if you want someone for little money.

Look at how much BS this website spouts.

Not only did Sanson look good with his technical ability when he played (a little lightweight/rash tackles) But he spent most of his time injured.

Luiz buyback clause is supposedly expired now, so this is another none starter, I also don’t see much truth in JWP rumour, and we’d have to move a couple of central midfielders on to fit him into the side anyway.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...sign-ward-prowse-amid-sanson-and-luiz-latest/

People talking about signing a few '£40 million+ players', how about this instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55907793

All of these players are available for free in the summer (at the moment unless they sign new deals before then).

If we could get them for free, and pay them the £40 million over 2 years as a salary instead, that would be 385k per week. That's probably not gonna get you Messi, but I reckon it would be enough to get the other 10 on that list.

So sod the three £40 million+ gambles, lets use that £120 million to get Draxler, Wijnaldum and Alaba signed up for a couple of years. :grinning:

Not sure about the others but I know Draxler is in the middle or has signed a new deal at PSG, would of been a nice one to snap up lol.

A few examples where players have gone from say defensive midfield to centre back or vice versa . Kompany did that I believe. Or say our very own Gaz Baz from cb to midfield.
And further up with Henry being tweaked from CF to kind of inside left. Bale moving from left back to left midfield.

But look at the quality of those players in the first place and everyone knows my views on Davis's quality.
So not only have we got the non event of a forward at his age suddenly being asked to mark Mo Salah but he isn't actually any good at this level in the first place.

Utter horse shit idea .

Think we should close this thread. No need to sign anyone, just convert Davis to a cb, El Ghazi to a lb, Sanson to a winger and Wesley to gk and we're all set!
Man after my own heart. Getting so much abuse on another forum for saying I don't think we're making another marquee signing after Buendia and have confidence in the players we have. Decided to take a break from said forum

Obviously you taking piss with those players but people writing off Traore McGinn Luiz does my head in

Man after my own heart. Getting so much abuse on another forum for saying I don't think we're making another marquee signing after Buendia and have confidence in the players we have. Decided to take a break from said forum

Obviously you taking piss with those players but people writing off Traore McGinn Luiz does my head in

I agree. I think we've seen enough of Mcginn and Luiz to know they have the ability. I think we'll see them both kick on next season with a fit jack and Buendia complimenting them.

The back 5 have earned another season.

I genuinely think we just need a bit of cover now.

Southampton Echo saying that Villa have now made an official approach for Warde Prowse

Well, Purslow said we'd be making a couple of well-planned signings and Dean Smith said they would excite the fans so I'm pretty sure Buendia won't be the only signing. I can see 3 players to replace the ones who left, not necessarily in the position and a couple of cheap or free players to replace those e 3 directly.
Ward Prowse has a price and Southampton sell their best players nearly every season just like Norwich.
We are struggling to put out 18 players at the moment

Look at how much BS this website spouts.

Not only did Sanson look good with his technical ability when he played (a little lightweight/rash tackles) But he spent most of his time injured.

Luiz buyback clause is supposedly expired now, so this is another none starter, I also don’t see much truth in JWP rumour, and we’d have to move a couple of central midfielders on to fit him into the side anyway.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...sign-ward-prowse-amid-sanson-and-luiz-latest/
Agree it seems like BS re Sanson and Luiz. But we only have 4 senior central midfielders (Luiz, Mcginn, Sanson, Nakamba) plus Ramsey and Chukweumeka so depending on how you see the additional 2 younger lads we could be short of one guy. That’s also on the basis that I see Grealish / Buendia primarily as wide players rather than central attackers

Status
Not open for further replies.