The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 131 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defence is fine, except for LB backup, and even there Hause can play at a pinch. Mings isn't perfect (who is) but he's great at organising the defence and it's that in part which has made Konsa look so good. If Guilbert has done as well as he appears to have done on his loan out I think we'll keep him as backup to Cash. Engels is in a strange position but I suspect he'll stay to provide further CB backup and use in cup runs.

It's midfield and forwards where we need that bit extra, and Buena gives us some of that.

It isn't fine though is it shipped 46 times last season, we are trying to make top 6 not standstill. I couple of injuries and we are in the shite
We need 18 top players not just 11 and back ups

We definitely need improvements at CB, the only reason we've had a solidish defence this season is playing between the sticks.
Mings, even when he's having a great game, has a couple of blunders in him.
I don't think he has the mentality to be a CB, you know the put it in row Z type of thing that's needed some times. Hause on the other hand has that mentality. Speaking of Hause, it would be nice to work out how many times he's played when we haven't conceded.
Someone made the point that we've looked more solid with Konza at RB and Hause at CB.

Agree in parts (r.e. Mings has a mistake in him) but less so on others. I think all players nowadays are expected to be able to “play football”, even the keepers. Teams that just hoof it invariably end up towards the lower end of the league, or perhaps even just the lower leagues.

I don’t really buy that Konsa is a right back contrary to what quite a few think. Any team would look more solid if they played centre backs at full backs. That’s a fairly standard Tony Pulis move (he used Chester as a left back - and he certainly was never a full back from what I saw from him) and only makes sense if your only concern is on frustrating the opposition. These days your full backs are required to contribute to the attack and to support the wingers by exploiting the space they create when they cut infield. I don’t see Konsa offering anything on that front really at all.

We definitely need improvements at CB, the only reason we've had a solidish defence this season is playing between the sticks.
Mings, even when he's having a great game, has a couple of blunders in him.
I don't think he has the mentality to be a CB, you know the put it in row Z type of thing that's needed some times. Hause on the other hand has that mentality. Speaking of Hause, it would be nice to work out how many times he's played when we haven't conceded.
Someone made the point that we've looked more solid with Konza at RB and Hause at CB.

I'd take Hause over Mings any day. With Hause you don't have to be apprehensive about the next fuck up waiting to happen and does the basics right. Not saying he is fantastic. And he is fearless unlike Mings and is a menace on corners.

Yes I invented that system, I had one lad who was under11's tell me he was a CB and I just said to him I'll be the judge of that, you're a player. Another one was a striker for Halesowen town, I told him he was playing right back, he said he didn't play right back, I said how about the subs bench. He played right-back for the next 3 seasons:lol:

Hope you could be a mentor to Southgate the tormentor.

I'd take Hause over Mings any day. With Hause you don't have to be apprehensive about the next fuck up waiting to happen and does the basics right. Not saying he is fantastic. And he is fearless unlike Mings and is a menace on corners.

Amazing how the consensus on this forum changes so quickly. 12 months ago the majority on here were calling Hause shite and calling for him to be shipped out. He's a good back up option and is dominant in the air against most opposition, but he isn't at the same level as Mings.
Mings made a couple of errors around Xmas time and some don't seem to be able to get this out of their minds. His form picked up again towards the end of the season and he was arguably MoM in a few of our games. Toegther with Konsa they have formed a good partnership. Think we'd be mad to mess about with that myself when we have bigger priorities to sort out

Wow. Hause over Mings? Really? OK.

Hause has definitely been better in his cameos this season but last season he was a train wreck giving the ball away at every opportunity.

Mings is getting better and better and has definitely cut out the silly mistakes over the last half of the season

Our defence is fine, except for LB backup, and even there Hause can play at a pinch. Mings isn't perfect (who is) but he's great at organising the defence and it's that in part which has made Konsa look so good. If Guilbert has done as well as he appears to have done on his loan out I think we'll keep him as backup to Cash. Engels is in a strange position but I suspect he'll stay to provide further CB backup and use in cup runs.

It's midfield and forwards where we need that bit extra, and Buena gives us some of that.

Buendia is also a big part of the reason that Max Aarons has looked so good at right-back this last season. He might be a very productive frontline player but, he puts in the hard work, tackling back, making interceptions, covering his fullback.

Amazing how the consensus on this forum changes so quickly. 12 months ago the majority on here were calling Hause shite and calling for him to be shipped out. He's a good back up option and is dominant in the air against most opposition, but he isn't at the same level as Mings.
Mings made a couple of errors around Xmas time and some don't seem to be able to get this out of their minds. His form picked up again towards the end of the season and he was arguably MoM in a few of our games. Toegther with Konsa they have formed a good partnership. Think we'd be mad to mess about with that myself when we have bigger priorities to sort out

12 months ago many were calling Targett shite too !

Hause is ok as back up but he’s a championship quality player. He’s no-nonsense, does the basics reasonably well but he’s nothing special and there’s a reason he’s been seen as a second choice since we signed him. Even in the championship he was shifted out to full back to accommodate better centre halves and last season he only played 7 league games

"Tino Livramento is another player who could see his path to the first team severely restricted if Chelsea sign Hakimi. Aston Villa are one of the clubs looking at the highly rated 18-year-old, who may leave this summer because of a lack of opportunities. "
The Guardian

Buendia is also a big part of the reason that Max Aarons has looked so good at right-back this last season. He might be a very productive frontline player but, he puts in the hard work, tackling back, making interceptions, covering his fullback.
6th in Championship for tackles which is insane for attacking mid. Look at top 20 tacklers in any league and it will be DMs FBs and CBs. Buendia 2.4 tackles per game last season was only bettered by Cash in the Villa squad

Status
Not open for further replies.