The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 114 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 19/20 season only KDB, Maddison, and Grealish made more key passes per game than Buendia. He's no more at fault for Norwich getting relegated than Grealish was for us. Silly argument to be against signing a player
Disagree . Stats don't tell the full story. I can't comment really on this Buendia as I haven't seen him play (or don't remember him ), £40m seems a bit lazy and desperate and we shouldn't overpay for someone like this who is unproven. No way should he become our record signing FFS ! Reality check time

Disagree . Stats don't tell the full story. I can't comment really on this Buendia as I haven't seen him play (or don't remember him ), £40m seems a bit lazy and desperate and we shouldn't overpay for someone like this who is unproven. No way should he become our record signing FFS ! Reality check time

You could say the same about Ollie as our record signing. Buendia isn't a one season wonder or unproven mate. He's had three solid years in this country including an outstanding Prem campaign in a poor side.

I'd have no objections to him arriving, I just don't see Norwich selling.

Buendia is a very, very talented player. I've seen him play a lot. Like any player in his position he can blow hot and cold. He's certainly exciting to watch on a good day. But he's a red card waiting to happen. With good management and coaching he could be an absolute star, and also solve the problem of what to do if Jack's out. He's a tough little bugger.

For the money being touted (£40m !!) the risks outweigh the potential upside for me. I'd rather we actually used our scouting network to unearth a gem. We did it with McGinn . Or promote Chucky .

For the money being touted (£40m !!) the risks outweigh the potential upside for me. I'd rather we actually used our scouting network to unearth a gem. We did it with McGinn . Or promote Chucky .

I agree as regards promoting Chukwu, however, I don't see why Norwich should not be asking for top dollar to sell perhaps their best player, who is in demand by 2 top prem clubs, and they are under no pressure to sell. So, there is no reason for them not to ask for a lot of money.

I agree as regards promoting Chukwu, however, I don't see why Norwich should not be asking for top dollar to sell perhaps their best player, who is in demand by 2 top prem clubs, and they are under no pressure to sell. So, there is no reason for them not to ask for a lot of money.
DI , I don't disagree with that. Norwich have also said they won't be spending much on new players so even more important they keep their better players. Last time we ransacked Norwich it ended badly - Paul Lambert

Norwich don't have vast wealth. And I think £30-40 is a hell of a lot of money for Norwich.

What if our scouting network are saying we'd be mad not to get Buendia for £40m?

DI , I don't disagree with that. Norwich have also said they won't be spending much on new players so even more important they keep their better players. Last time we ransacked Norwich it ended badly - Paul Lambert

Or look at it the other way. Where would we be without raiding Norwich.

jed-the-stare-jpg.49216

that Pukki lad looks decent on those highlights -
championship is dismal innit.

Anyway seems we're faves to sign England Skipper (for the kiddies)
Josh Feeney from Fleetwood.

Depends where we want to go. If people are happy with top 10, fair play , crack on and jizz yourselves into a frenzy with Buendia . If you want top 6 then sorry we need to be aiming for higher .

I don't think Buendia is a goer - but whose higher, adjusted to the country and has a contribution like him Melon?

Cantwell? Do we go old school and hope to reignite them ie Barkley again? A Willian?

Genuine question....are we hoping Traore develops 150% consistency? Chuk comes through and amazes or are we looking at fancy names from abroad?

Edit - didn't mean it that harsh by the way....but Buendia is exactly the sort of quality we want rather than banking on a wonderkid from the Swiss league for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.