The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 95 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, what about if Jack goes to Man City and we use the money to get Buendia, Periera and Abraham, leaving the money we were going to spend available to get a DM, LB and a CB?

Yup, others I note hate your plan sir, but I'd go along with that! One big sale, in a part of still building something impressive to compete. And if (if) there are question marks over how many times he'd miss 1/3 of the season especially. If for Man City for instance, they'd have cover. We clearly didn't / wouldn't.

IMO the club has to have a team in place that can play well without Grealish and essentially has all the parts already at the club so we dont need him. This has to be a big summer because the clock is ticking. 2022/23 could be the season he is gone.

We have to be in a position where we already have everyone we need and we don't need an immediate successor. The team has to be strong enough to compete at a highly competent level without him so whoever does replace him has time.

I was under the impression the agreement was already in place, but as contracts usually run from the end of June its not been announced yet. If that is the case no one can nip in and steal him. I could have read some incorrect info though, not 100% sure.
Besides which, I would be aiming higher than him if Jack did move

Obligated buy clause...it's done and dusted for me. Will come into effect and be official when the window opens.

I’m seeing strategic thinking in NSWE and I’m liking it.

The stars are aligning, there is some luck and synchronicity occurring along with some clear strategy and planning. Some work needs to be done though, we need flawless execution. Carney and Barry's emergence will really come at a pivotal time as Grealish will likely be hounded for a move over the next couple of seasons. If these lads are really who we think they might be then its vitally important we're able to retain Grealish.

So an attempt to get up there with Chelsea Man Utd City and Liverpool involves us selling the best footballer in the PL to one of those.
Jack is our only hope of hitting the top 4, sell him shows a lack of ambition and yet another false dawn
We don't need to sell him and he doesn't want to go.
If he wanted out he'd have gone last year and not signed a 5-year deal or am I missing something.
I don't remember him saying he'll give it another season to see if we win the PL and if we don't I'm off. Pretty much assured we won't win the PL in the next 5 years and neither will anyone else but Man City

So an attempt to get up there with Chelsea Man Utd City and Liverpool involves us selling the best footballer in the PL to one of those.
Jack is our only hope of hitting the top 4, sell him shows a lack of ambition and yet another false dawn
We don't need to sell him and he doesn't want to go.
If he wanted out he'd have gone last year and not signed a 5-year deal or am I missing something.
I don't remember him saying he'll give it another season to see if we win the PL and if we don't I'm off. Pretty much assured we won't win the PL in the next 5 years and neither will anyone else but Man City

No offers came in, he took an improved contract, why wouldn't he? No way would any decent advisor/agent/lawyer get a contract without a release clause. And no way would our lot allow a small release clause.

I do think he might be enticed to stay for another year, to see if we do push on yet more. But only he knows (not everyone on here who are so bang on sure of themselves) what he wants.

Careers are short. As he saw with missing 1/3 of the season this year, and having missed times with the same injury before. CL for some reason is where players want to be.

He might well stay, he might well move on.

When did this club become so small as to rely on one player?

No, it didn't and of course the best thing would be if he stays, Villa would survive if he chooses his future lies somewhere else.

Will anyone really stump up £100m? Well, we'll see won't we. In the current climate and the debt of some of those god awful clubs, hopefully not.

Do we need to sell to buy though ? I think we should buy to add to what we have.

Selling the most naturally gifted footballer many of us will ever see in a Villa shirt just makes no sense to me.

Hopefully not.

Just if a player wants to move on, gets a better offer, then so be it.

Like the players 58 mentioned, I'm sure like me, he'd love to see them arrive and not at the expense of Jack.

We will see.

As said, only Jack/his agent, know what he wants to do for his career. At 25 he is approaching his prime.

Lovely to see him stay, be a great signal of intent

Think we need to decide on one thread for Jack talk. This or the Jack thread.

Yup, others I note hate your plan sir, but I'd go along with that! One big sale, in a part of still building something impressive to compete. And if (if) there are question marks over how many times he'd miss 1/3 of the season especially. If for Man City for instance, they'd have cover. We clearly didn't / wouldn't.

That's the sort of thing tin-pot clubs like Baggies say, when someone comes in to steal their best player.

To build in line with our ambitions, we keep our best players. Especially Jack. We can get the players we need without selling him. #JackIsGoingNowhere

Wouldn't
2 goals and 5 assists in 36 games? I can't see that he is a better option than El Goalzi.
Wasn't one of those goals against us? That cross that crept in at the back post that gave them belief... have heard the hype about him but thought his stats would be better than that.

Would prefer him to ASM though.

Hopefully not.

Just if a player wants to move on, gets a better offer, then so be it.

Like the players 58 mentioned, I'm sure like me, he'd love to see them arrive and not at the expense of Jack.

We will see.

As said, only Jack/his agent, know what he wants to do for his career. At 25 he is approaching his prime.

Lovely to see him stay, be a great signal of intent

Think we need to decide on one thread for Jack talk. This or the Jack thread.

At least what I wrote, only to point out the possibility, not hoping for but, realising it is a very real possibility, JG could leave, seems to have stirred up more of a hornets nest than I thought it would. I just don't see how so many can be so certain that JG will not leave and I am pretty damn sure our owners have a plan in place for when/if it happens.
As for no one being able to replace him, I'm afraid that is utter bs. There has never been a player that is un-replaceable, even the greats, Pele, Cryuff, Zindane, Beckanbaur, Best, have all been replaced.

As for no one being able to replace him, I'm afraid that is utter bs. There has never been a player that is un-replaceable, even the greats, Pele, Cryuff, Zindane, Beckanbaur, Best, have all been replaced.

Go on then enlighten us . Who replaced these players and made their clubs better as a result . I’m intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.