The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 83 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly one of the reasons he became such a quick favourite in some ways. All those warm wishes, promises he'd bust a gut even if the level was too much for him - and others thinking he was better than Champ level anyway.

To be fair SJM had already shown he was pretty good in Scotland. I reckon he was very good Championship level. But he's improved as we have improved. And he certainly had an impact both on the field and with the fans.

In a similar way, Tammy made a big impact. The fact that he kept quiet about Chelsea and made a point of respecting the club and the fans was a huge part of it. It's why he'd be welcomed back with open arms. The 20 odd goals helped of course.

There's a rumour that Tammy will be offered to Spurs in part exchange for Harry. Can't see it myself. Levy would want maximum for Harry and pay minimum for Tammy. Chelsea would get more by selling Tammy direct to another club. Like us.

To be fair SJM had already shown he was pretty good in Scotland. I reckon he was very good Championship level. But he's improved as we have improved. And he certainly had an impact both on the field and with the fans.

In a similar way, Tammy made a big impact. The fact that he kept quiet about Chelsea and made a point of respecting the club and the fans was a huge part of it. It's why he'd be welcomed back with open arms. The 20 odd goals helped of course.

There's a rumour that Tammy will be offered to Spurs in part exchange for Harry. Can't see it myself. Levy would want maximum for Harry and pay minimum for Tammy. Chelsea would get more by selling Tammy direct to another club. Like us.

If Kane does go, he's not moving to another London club. I don't see that happening.

Interesting viewpoint about JG, of course it all depends on how you view his ability, is it down to visual entertainment/excitement, or down to end product?
If you go on end product Emi Buendia equals or betters JG's stats.
In his previous season in the premiership he ended with 1 goal and 8 assists in a piss poor team that basically hasn't changed personnel.
The thing is, he was in the top 3 or 4 in creating chances, so I'd say yes he might equal JG's ability.
Norwich are saying they don't want to sell him but, they've put a £40 million price on his head, so I think we could well afford him.
The very least he would do is take a load off JG's shoulders.
I liked Buendia last season, always wanted to try to make things happen and created a lot of chances. I was surprised no one took a chance on him after they went down. It seems a bit strange that we are reportedly in for him after they’ve been promoted which presumably has upped his price substantially.. maybe there was still a question mark over him, is he just the least bad in a bad team for example, and we wanted to track him for another season first.

If not abroad - unlikely the mess RM and Barca are in, City is all I can see. Which is also nice as they haven't the freedom to sign Kane and Jack, so it protects us a bit there as well.
But if they are going to pay close to £100m for a top striker why wouldn’t they sign Haaland instead who is 7 years younger? Kane is 28 this summer so in a couple of years they’d have to start planning for the next mega signing to replace him. I could see Man U overpaying for him, that’s their sort of signing.

But if they are going to pay close to £100m for a top striker why wouldn’t they sign Haaland instead who is 7 years younger? Kane is 28 this summer so in a couple of years they’d have to start planning for the next mega signing to replace him. I could see Man U overpaying for him, that’s their sort of signing.

Kane - proven quality at levels, 5-8yrs left in his tank.

Haaland, the latest pop name from abroad who I'd love to see here, but no guarantees he can make the step - so may need 12/24 months.

Less risky option for me, but more likely to work out and make a notable difference to their FFP figures which means they could look to Haaland or another as the follow through.

Kane - proven quality at levels, 5-8yrs left in his tank.

Haaland, the latest pop name from abroad who I'd love to see here, but no guarantees he can make the step - so may need 12/24 months.

Less risky option for me, but more likely to work out and make a notable difference to their FFP figures which means they could look to Haaland or another as the follow through.
The way I see it Man City are already head and shoulders the best team in the country, therefore what is more important to them, making themselves immediately even better or making sure they are still the best team in 5 years time? I’d say it’s the latter, and buying the best young prospect in the world right now is a better way to achieve that than a guy who is already in his peak. Whereas for the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea it’s the other way round, they need top players to help bridge the gap now. That’s why I can see him going to someone other than City. But you never know, Man City might buy him just to stop anyone else from getting him.

The way I see it Man City are already head and shoulders the best team in the country, therefore what is more important to them, making themselves immediately even better or making sure they are still the best team in 5 years time? I’d say it’s the latter, and buying the best young prospect in the world right now is a better way to achieve that than a guy who is already in his peak. Whereas for the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea it’s the other way round, they need top players to help bridge the gap now. That’s why I can see him going to someone other than City. But you never know, Man City might buy him just to stop anyone else from getting him.

I more than see your point, but with the ESL issues, their FFP problems and so on - I think they are looking a bit more immediate than that - Kane probably ensures they dominate domestically and have a good chance at everything + CL.

Haaland, doesn't guarantee that as you can't guarantee he'll settle and nor that such a big money move won't go to his head given his age. Kane is the hungrier for medals and given Haaland's ties to Leeds, City is also the more obvious move given the back story.

I liked Buendia last season, always wanted to try to make things happen and created a lot of chances. I was surprised no one took a chance on him after they went down. It seems a bit strange that we are reportedly in for him after they’ve been promoted which presumably has upped his price substantially.. maybe there was still a question mark over him, is he just the least bad in a bad team for example, and we wanted to track him for another season first.

I can't see him leaving Norwich for less than 35 Mill. I would love to see him in a Villa shirt and think he will only get better. If we only got him in alongside a powerful midfielder that would improve us massively. If I'm being greedy Tammy would be an amazing window for us...but maybe Deano is looking at competition for Cashy and Targett with Taylor and Elmo leaving..

I more than see your point, but with the ESL issues, their FFP problems and so on - I think they are looking a bit more immediate than that - Kane probably ensures they dominate domestically and have a good chance at everything + CL.

Nail on the head IMO - you get a solid 3 seasons out of Kane if not 4 or 5. Its not like Kane relies on his pace and even if he did look at Vardy. He is 33.

Kane in that City team probably makes them contenders for the CL every single season. Aguero had fitness and injury concerns for his last 3 or so years.

Buendia and Pukki combined for nearly all Norwich's goals last season. They'd be insane to sell for any money.

An Pukki is pretty poor converting Buendia’s chances if you ask me, it’s why his assists was so low last season even though he created the 4th most in the league and broke some records too.

If we signed Buendia, Pereira and kept Jack then I think we’d go up another level, obviously we need a few more fillers in the squad but in terms of quality I really rate the pair, my biggest sticking point would be Jack, I would be hoping with more quality in the side he’ll decide to pass it and not ball hog too much, if he can trust the likes of Pereira and Buendia to play smart and set up Jack then I think that’s where Jack himself will become more clinical, Jack might be arguably the best player in the league but with better players around him I think he’s got another level in his locker.

Sure, but I just don't see Buendia being allowed to be that player.

I actually think Buendia won’t just give Jack the ball for the sake of it, which is something that most of our players do at the moment, I can see him only passing it if he’s in a better position than himself and it’s what’s going to separate us from this 11th place and top 6.

I really like Buendia’s vision, you’ll start to see Jack making the runs instead of dropping deep to take on 3-4 players, then standing off allowing the opponents to get back into position, which then isolates Ollie, We need someone like Buendia to keep the ball moving fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.