The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 82 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus Neto too. The Chinese will probably give up now.

I just looked on one of their forums, they're having a right meltdown. Apparently the hot favourite to replace Nuno is the assistant of Carvalho when he was at Swansea and Wednesday. I never used to mind the Dingles but since the season they won the Championship they've became all mouthy, so bollox to them if they return back to the 4th division

Yes, Van Dijk always looked a class above the rest when he was at Celtic. I personally thought McGinn got up to speed pretty quickly but as you say it was the Championship. This would also be my worry with Edouard, which is another rumour doing the rounds today. He's knocked a few goals in but I would have expected more if he was good enough for the PL.
I think McGinn took a little while, but the fans liked him straight away because he was working his socks off on day one. He was also surrounded by Conor and Henri, so he could have had one leg and still stood out... :lol:

Good dead ball delivery and *seems* to be a good attacking mid, but I honestly don't know how you make an assessment of someone who plays in that league - half the pitches look like they've been ploughed and there's so much time and space on the ball it's at best a coin toss if they'll mix it in the PL.

Its a little like Brooks at the Bournemouth. The division is weaker tactically and defensively a lot of the defenders are big lumps at CB or the fullbacks are lightweight. So some players look absolutely brilliant and Brooks is one where I am not sure he could step up physically.

I just looked on one of their forums, they're having a right meltdown. Apparently the hot favourite to replace Nuno is the assistant of Carvalho when he was at Swansea and Wednesday. I never used to mind the Dingles but since the season they won the Championship they've became all mouthy, so bollox to them if they return back to the 4th division

He was actually linked with us last season I think. Bruno lange or something.

Apparently Spurs could be interested in Danny Ings and Southampton have set their price at 30m with him just having a year left on his contract and being 28.

I think he’s alright but I wouldn’t want him, if Spurs by him with Kane’s transfer money they’re going to continue to go down hill.

Apparently Spurs could be interested in Danny Ings and Southampton have set their price at 30m with him just having a year left on his contract and being 28.

I think he’s alright but I wouldn’t want him, if Spurs by him with Kane’s transfer money they’re going to continue to go down hill.

I think Ings is a quality striker, but he has a poor injury record, so you would need just as good as your back up. Probably too risky for me due to the serious injuries he's had

I think Ings is a quality striker, but he has a poor injury record, so you would need just as good as your back up. Probably too risky for me due to the serious injuries he's had

He gets you goals but that’s the thing his injury record, and he’s not one to really come back and set things up, his passing percentage is 67% and touches the ball 17 times a match 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dont remember that, sounds a bizarre link to me. Mind you we were linked to Nuno a couple of months ago!!

Had a look and it was last July before the restart. Looking at the articles pushing thr story the rumours were all coming from Portugal.

What about bringing Bellingham back to Birmingham ?
Not cheap but he'd be more likely to get first team football with Villa than at United

Often think our big name signings turn out to be a bit of a disappointment, so I am a little cautious and not entirely sure if we can attract the top level.
Keeping hold of Jack is the highest priority for me, as I dont think we are in a position to sign anyone of his ability.

Interesting viewpoint about JG, of course it all depends on how you view his ability, is it down to visual entertainment/excitement, or down to end product?
If you go on end product Emi Buendia equals or betters JG's stats.
In his previous season in the premiership he ended with 1 goal and 8 assists in a piss poor team that basically hasn't changed personnel.
The thing is, he was in the top 3 or 4 in creating chances, so I'd say yes he might equal JG's ability.
Norwich are saying they don't want to sell him but, they've put a £40 million price on his head, so I think we could well afford him.
The very least he would do is take a load off JG's shoulders.

Not a rumour, but a player who I had forgot about was Alex Oxlade Chamberlain at Liverpool. I’m really liking our transfer strategy bringing in younger players who seem to have the right attitude and desire to play at a higher level, but one or two more experienced players would be good for the squad.

Always thought he was a decent player when on form when I’ve seen him.

Not a rumour, but a player who I had forgot about was Alex Oxlade Chamberlain at Liverpool. I’m really liking our transfer strategy bringing in younger players who seem to have the right attitude and desire to play at a higher level, but one or two more experienced players would be good for the squad.

Always thought he was a decent player when on form when I’ve seen him.
TBH I laughed my balls off at the time Liverpool paid 40m for him and I think Arsenal had the last laugh. He's become a bit part sick note player for them.
I think we've all forgotten about him mate

TBH I laughed my balls off at the time Liverpool paid 40m for him and I think Arsenal had the last laugh. He's become a bit part sick note player for them.
I think we've all forgotten about him mate

Yeah he’s so injury prone, scrap that

Status
Not open for further replies.