The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 77 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to bolster the defensive midfield.
We get strolled through every game at some point or other.
If we can sort that out it helps with other areas of the park.
I think we'd have been ok at Palace if Dean had stuck to Luiz and SJM but he pushed SJM forwards with Ramsey and left Dougie 2 on 1 .

Our forward players can't hold a bank up with a shotgun never mind hold a football, losing possession time after time with some fancy flick is the real problem.

In saying that when better quality in any position is available we have to take it, these windows are short. We snapped up Sanson who turned out to be a bit of a sick note so far.. Hopefully, it's a one-off with him.
He'll be like a new signing!!

No I meant it is ridiculous that people think they know what a players earns.

I’m sure the tax man knows what they’re on, who knows how it gets leaked, I know if I was a footballer I’d tell my family what I was on, which I’m sure they’ll tell their friends in their grandmothers meetings, I don’t think it could be that big of a secret in the footballing world, I mean I know what all my colleagues are on at work, in fact the club releases how much their yearly wage costs, you could probably work out roughly what players are on that way too.

I just don’t think it can be that hard for that sort of information to be made public, it’s not like we’re trying to find out if Hilter had one nut in his sack.

True we have no idea what they earn, I bet they don't even know themselves.
Wages, bonuses, sponsorships, events, modelling, the bigger the club the more they earn outside of football. So it all affects who they sign for

Think that’s way over complicating things, they’re stating what the club pay them, not what they get for personal sponsors etc but you’re right with all that added the players probably don’t know what they’re on with it all put together.

@sirdennis If you meant like 57 above, people think they know what they’re on in total then I agree, thought you meant club salary which I don’t think would be a massive leak.

Think that’s way over complicating things, they’re stating what the club pay them, not what they get for personal sponsors etc but you’re right with all that added the players probably don’t know what they’re on with it all put together.

@sirdennis If you meant like 57 above, people think they know what they’re on in total then I agree, thought you meant club salary which I don’t think would be a massive leak.

No I meant club salary.

If what you were suggesting was the case , then we would know every players salary.

I think the press just pluck a figure out of the sky and run with it , just like when they report transfer speculation.

I think we'd have been ok at Palace if Dean had stuck to Luiz and SJM but he pushed SJM forwards with Ramsey and left Dougie 2 on 1 .

Our forward players can't hold a bank up with a shotgun never mind hold a football, losing possession time after time with some fancy flick is the real problem.

In saying that when better quality in any position is available we have to take it, these windows are short. We snapped up Sanson who turned out to be a bit of a sick note so far.. Hopefully, it's a one-off with him.
He'll be like a new signing!!
Neither are consistant enough to play every game.
Both prone to making mistakes, badly need some experience in the middle.
Really cant make my mind up about Dougie, lots of fouls conceeded and gives the ball away cheaply, but at other times he does look ok.
Dont think he will be the wonder kid everyone was talking about on here when we first got him.
That incredible goal he scored early on has hung round his neck like a millstone.
His finishing in and around the box is poor.

Neither are consistant enough to play every game.
Both prone to making mistakes, badly need some experience in the middle.
Really cant make my mind up about Dougie, lots of fouls conceeded and gives the ball away cheaply, but at other times he does look ok.
Dont think he will be the wonder kid everyone was talking about on here when we first got him.
That incredible goal he scored early on has hung round his neck like a millstone.
His finishing in and around the box is poor.

The funny thing is I normally look for the bad bits of a player but with Dougie, I see the Brazilian bit, all players give the ball away but this season he has an 85% pass completion which is very good as he tries all sort of passes, not just 2-yard ones but I get he's not 90%, he's only just turned 23 a few days ago. He will get better. I just can't get my head around players like Berge being bigger up (pardon the pun)

for comic value check out our wages on that shite
seems Keinan is on 5x what Konsa is
Hmmm
(Mahmoud Hassan - whoooo)

No doubt the press make up a some of these but I suspect the rough figures are fairly widely circulated between players/agents/club officals and assorted hanger-ons

for comic value check out our wages on that shite
seems Keinan is on 5x what Konsa is
Hmmm
(Mahmoud Hassan - whoooo)

No doubt the press make up a some of these but I suspect the rough figures are fairly widely circulated between players/agents/club officals and assorted hanger-ons
Trez

One good thing is we wont be seeing anymore Samatta's, Baston's, Drinkwater .etc i hope. Last transfer window was good, keep that up and we should improve again.

Slightly different for me.

1. Keep Jack.
2. No.10. Absolute must. I'd blow half the budget trying to get this right.
3. A winger. Someone to improve on Traore / cover for Jack.
4. Left back cover
5. Replacement for Engels if he leaves.
6. Replacement for Heaton if he leaves.

I'm not too fussed about midfield. I've seen enough from Luiz and McGinn to know they are more than capable at this level, and with Jack back and a better no.10 I think we'll see the best of them again. I also want to see Chuk getting game time and hopeful that Ramsey and Sanson will improve in their 2nd seasons.
I definitely agree that no.10 is by far the most important spot. As I've said elsewhere, that position is really the key to our best performances with Good-Barkley and why with McGinn, Ramsey or Bad-Barkley in that role we've really struggled to consistently threaten. They also become a focal point in the box when Ollie makes his runs into the channels. Couple a fast and creative no.10 with Jack and someone to replace Traore if he doesn't improve and we'd hopefully have three dangerous creative players who can play anywhere across that 3 behind Ollie.

I definitely agree that no.10 is by far the most important spot. As I've said elsewhere, that position is really the key to our best performances with Good-Barkley and why with McGinn, Ramsey or Bad-Barkley in that role we've really struggled to consistently threaten. They also become a focal point in the box when Ollie makes his runs into the channels. Couple a fast and creative no.10 with Jack and someone to replace Traore if he doesn't improve and we'd hopefully have three dangerous creative players who can play anywhere across that 3 behind Ollie.
Carney Chukwuemeka plays in the No.10 shirt for the FA Youth Cup team - problem solved 🤭🥱

Status
Not open for further replies.