The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 75 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Watkins (and there was to-ing and fro-ing on price there), which signings have we known about in advance like that?

Looking forward to some nice surprises this summer.

Well, as long as it's not Ings I don't mind. He's ok, but he'll have no sell on value..... :throw:

Seeing the rumours of Wesley to PSV and Heaton to utd, part of me thinking we paid their wages for the year that they were out injured and now they leave at the first instance.... but then again, if they leave we get better players who want to be here.

Seeing the rumours of Wesley to PSV and Heaton to utd, part of me thinking we paid their wages for the year that they were out injured and now they leave at the first instance.... but then again, if they leave we get better players who want to be here.
I look at it this way they won't be playing for Villa much if at all so they may as well go

Maybe this is more wishful thinking, but could this be the year where Aston Villa make a "statement" signing to show the football world that we're deadly serious about our ambition? For us "older" folk, we will remember the signing of Dean Saunders and maybe even Collymore as those types. You could even argue that the signing of Steve McMahon in the early 80's was a similar type of move, although he was coming in to a team that had already won it all... But at the given times, those players were considered at their peak and the very best that money could buy.
I remember when Citeh bought Robhino. Even though he was largely a flop, it underscored their spending power and ambition as he was viewed as the next big thing coming out of Brazil.
Given the path we've taken since NSWE have come in, it's probably unlikely, but it would send a clear and strong message that Aston Villa is not content to be making up the numbers in this league and we are prepared to push the boat out to achieve our aims.

It might be a case of Berge as well as a Brazilian midfielder. I still dont think DM is luiz,s best position. Play Berge DM and luiz on the right centre of a 4141 midfield.

It was mentioned the other day, that Anguissa at Fulham, has better stats at a relegated club as a DM than Luis.
I wouldn't mind seeing us play some games with a 3-man backline, Cash and Targett starting further forward by 10 or 15 yards, level with the DM. Buendia and Grealish starting another 10 yards further forward, with Watkins and Abraham as a joint spearhead again starting 10 yards further on.

Maybe this is more wishful thinking, but could this be the year where Aston Villa make a "statement" signing to show the football world that we're deadly serious about our ambition? For us "older" folk, we will remember the signing of Dean Saunders and maybe even Collymore as those types. You could even argue that the signing of Steve McMahon in the early 80's was a similar type of move, although he was coming in to a team that had already won it all... But at the given times, those players were considered at their peak and the very best that money could buy.
I remember when Citeh bought Robhino. Even though he was largely a flop, it underscored their spending power and ambition as he was viewed as the next big thing coming out of Brazil.
Given the path we've taken since NSWE have come in, it's probably unlikely, but it would send a clear and strong message that Aston Villa is not content to be making up the numbers in this league and we are prepared to push the boat out to achieve our aims.

Those were great signings GM but for me they were past their peak. Liverpool got them before we did and let them go when they’d had the best of them. They were stars though, along with other Liverpool cast offs Steve Staunton and Houghton. With NSWE it would be nice to get in first.

No more loan deals in thank you Dean. I didn’t want Barkley last year not because I didn’t rate him but because I want to see us build a team not borrow one. We’re past that now, have a good youth set up and are ready for an incoming star or two.

No more loan deals in thank you Dean. I didn’t want Barkley last year not because I didn’t rate him but because I want to see us build a team not borrow one. We’re past that now, have a good youth set up and are ready for an incoming star or two.
Well thank goodness we did have Barkley on loan, can you imaging the tears and tantrums if we had spanked £35m on him :slap:

I wouldn't mind seeing us play some games with a 3-man backline, Cash and Targett starting further forward by 10 or 15 yards, level with the DM. Buendia and Grealish starting another 10 yards further forward, with Watkins and Abraham as a joint spearhead again starting 10 yards further on.
Now that would be a team worth paying money to watch.
So a new centre back and Abraham and Beundia - should be easy within the budget quoted and still some spare for back ups for the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.