The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in terms of the system we play. Ollie is an absolute keystone of how we play our way up the park. Tammy, in the nicest possible way, is just a boot or a head on the end of a cross.

No. SJ is an absolute keystone.
Ollie, like the others has been bang average without SJ.

Not in terms of the system we play. Ollie is an absolute keystone of how we play our way up the park. Tammy, in the nicest possible way, is just a boot or a head on the end of a cross.

And pray, just what is it you want on the end of a cross, apart from a boot or a head?
To get the best out of Watkins we either need a midfielder who can see and play balls through the back 4, on the ground, or change the system and get rid of out and out wingers and play 2 strikers. If the second choice is the pick, Edouard of Celtic would be the choice. He plays as a centre forward or of the right wing. He not only scores goals but makes assists. I figure the price that would get him is £20-£25 million, plus the loan of either Davis or Wesley.

As much as I liked Tammy I feel that ship has sailed. No way he'll come back here to sit on the bench.

We'll probably spend £10 million on a 2nd choice striker and shift on Davis and Wesley I'd imagine.

No. 10 is a priority. That's where the big bucks need spending. Then competition for Targett and possibly another No. 6 as still don't rate Nakamba and Luiz has gone backwards

Is Hause the option as centre half back up? I don’t know what his fitness status is now but does he fit the bill as an alternative to Konsa? I’ve mentioned Joachim Anderson before as a possible target. On loan at Fulham from Lyon. I’ve been impressed by him.

Still think Watkins is a wide attacker, there's room for Tammy or Eduardo.
We need upgrades on AEG, Traore, trez And Luiz
watkins is a wide attacker he was only ever a winger at brentford but went in the strikers role when Maupay went to brighton and brentford was left short .so he is still learning the strikers role i guess i think thats why smith paid out so much on him hoping he will play as a wide attacker when wesley comes back

so were spending big again in the summer
lets hope we done spend another quarter of a billion and still end up a one man team . i want us not only to get in some younger talent but also a few older seasoned pros to help them out and also maybe stert to bring some of our home grown in to the first team too and ship a few out in season long loans

we have to see what wesley can do in a better side he had 6 in 20 before he got injured this season mane has 7 in 26 antonio has 7 in 20 and danny ings 8 in 22 so wesleys 6 in 20 in his first season in the prem isnt that bad

No. SJ is an absolute keystone.
Ollie, like the others has been bang average without SJ.
Well, yeah, he's been out of form along with nearly everyone else, but he's still an outlet when we're under pressure, a defensive presence from the front protecting our high line from quick balls over the top, and he tirelessly runs the channels for every single minute of every single game. If Tammy is out of form with his finishing then he's pretty much an empty shirt. Watkins brings a lot more all-round as a lone striker, even though he can't do the work of an entire attack if it's gone missing.

And pray, just what is it you want on the end of a cross, apart from a boot or a head?
You miss my point: Watkins doesn't *just* offer being a finisher. He does a hell of a lot in our build up play, plays the channels and holds up the ball brilliantly for a guy his size.
To get the best out of Watkins we either need a midfielder who can see and play balls through the back 4, on the ground, or change the system and get rid of out and out wingers and play 2 strikers. If the second choice is the pick, Edouard of Celtic would be the choice. He plays as a centre forward or of the right wing. He not only scores goals but makes assists. I figure the price that would get him is £20-£25 million, plus the loan of either Davis or Wesley.
Can't see us reverting to 2 strikers apart from as a late change in a game, but Edouard can play across a front three, as can Ollie, and Jack can play wherever he damn pleases.
100% agree on a creative central midfielder though. We're absolutely screaming out for that player. No coincidence our best team performances were Barkley's best performances. Shame he can only do it for a 1/4 of a season.

So in summary, I basically agree that we need: A genuinely pacey forward who can play across a front three; a creative no.10/CM; and for me someone who can replace McGinn (sorry John, it hurts me more than it hurts you).

Oh, and good back up at LB and RB. Oh, and another decent CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.