The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 91 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be looking at 3 incoming. A LB to give Targett competition. Buendia or similar in midfield and a quality RW. They expect a few to come on again after this seasons experience. They also need the better youth involved in the squad to prove their is a path for them. It underpins the system they are putting in place and proves to future youth recruits its possible. I would be surprised if this is not regarded as important when trying to attract the best youth.

I would be looking at 3 incoming. A LB to give Targett competition. Buendia or similar in midfield and a quality RW. They expect a few to come on again after this seasons experience. They also need the better youth involved in the squad to prove their is a path for them. It underpins the system they are putting in place and proves to future youth recruits its possible. I would be surprised if this is not regarded as important when trying to attract the best youth.

You say you'd be looking at 3 coming in but, only list two positions, maybe because you seem to have forgotten that Buendia is listed as a right-winger.
I would have thought that getting someone in to either play alongside Ollie, or to push him, would be crucial as Wesley will take some time to get up to match fitness and who knows how that injury has affected him mentally. Abraham being the obvious choice as he knows the club and manager and we know he knows where the onion bag is.
I'd be keeping Guilbert for this season at least, as he can operate as a left-back as well as a right-back, although in a completely different mode. As a right-back, as we all know, he can bomb on up and down that wing like a wing-back. Whereas as a left-back he is far more cautious and plays more as a fullback, more defensive minded.
Personally I'd be looking for a deep sitting pass maker to play alongside, or instead of Nakamba in some games, offering us the possibility of using a different formation sometimes.

Back up left back.
Cover for JG's creativity regardless of actual forward position.
Cover for Ollie and more importantly, someone to push him - Davis still has a use to me, but not a goalscoring option and we need to see how Wesley comes back, as love or loathe the bloke, he was scoring.

If that worked out, I'd say that's 10 points minimum added to this year and although in an ideal world Bertie's complete inconsistency could see him become a marked man given what he's capable of next season, a genuine Jack option could've meant another 10-15 points this season purely on the basis of an extra known threat.

Given everything DS has said throughout the year though - I think we're signing 4-6 but not all will be potential starters, half will be strictly bench improvements so we can spread our budget better and then we lean more on youth.

I wouldn't be displeased with that to be honest.

Back up left back.
Cover for JG's creativity regardless of actual forward position.
Cover for Ollie and more importantly, someone to push him - Davis still has a use to me, but not a goalscoring option and we need to see how Wesley comes back, as love or loathe the bloke, he was scoring.

If that worked out, I'd say that's 10 points minimum added to this year and although in an ideal world Bertie's complete inconsistency could see him become a marked man given what he's capable of next season, a genuine Jack option could've meant another 10-15 points this season purely on the basis of an extra known threat.

Given everything DS has said throughout the year though - I think we're signing 4-6 but not all will be potential starters, half will be strictly bench improvements so we can spread our budget better and then we lean more on youth.

I wouldn't be displeased with that to be honest.

I think we need two nailed on starters (RW and CAM/CM) and then a little competition.

We'll need a new Keeper as Heaton is leaving, Steer has never been seen as No1 back up since we got promoted. Imagine Emi getting injured 1st game of the season.

We need a new CB as I don't think we'll get away with another season with just 3 and there really is nobody coming through the system

We need a midfielder but we have Sanson, to come back who will be like a new signing. We have Chukwu coming through as well.
Dean has options but seems to stick with SJM and Doug regardless of form.

Strikers, Ollie plays every minute of every game, so that's a difficult one. Anyone coming in must be able to oust Watkins or why would they bother, they are not going to come to play bench warmer all season.

Wide attacking players Bert should get better and Anwar has.
Then there are the youngsters where do they fit in? Trez needs replacing but can a kid cover his spot in the squad, I'd say yes.

Bottom line is we were 11th so we need players all over the pitch and if they become available we need to sign them.
I don't really get this buying player to "cover" someone in a team that eventually finished short. I think we need to be signing someone capable of benching Mings SJM or Ollie, not as a backup to them. Players that take the club forwards, not standstill. We are all guilty of wearing the Claret and Blue specs with certain players, the old sentimental stuff.

Even Liverpool with their front 3 brought in Jota who has looked really much better than Fermino

Inter have some excellent players, Lautaro Martinez, Hakimi, Barella, Skriniar, Lukaku is an excellent goalscorer. All out of our reach.

I've always rated Stefano Sensi and I believe is a player we could have a shot at signing. Don't forget they also have Ashley Young lol.

One of the biggest hype jobs to grace English football, at one stage talked about as the next Gascoigne.
He was a decent player when he first broke through, but he's had so many injuries and doesnt seem to look after himself too well off the pitch. He's washed up now, he'll be retired in the next couple of years

We definitely need a back up GK and LB to replace Taylor and Heaton, Lange's Euro contacts will probably find someone for those roles as I cant see us spending big money on that. I'm not convinced Deano rates Freddie either so wouldnt be too surprised if he left - but hopefully Kesler is ready to be back up to Cash rather than sign another RB?
Jacks absence highlighted our need to find someone else who can control a game and keep the ball. It would make sense to me to get someone who is equally comfortable playing AM or wide forward to let Jack have more of a free role. Perreira would be great for that, or maybe Buendia.
I'm convinced we need another striker as well. Ollie is so important to the way we play and if he is out injured for more than a few games it could really derail our season as I dont see Wes being up to it and Keinan has an awful injury record. Tammy would be a popular signing, but for £10-15m less we could get Patson Daka. He's playing in a bit of a shit league but he looks the bollox for a 21 year old and they do have a history of finding good young talent.
I'd love us to get Neves off the Dingles as well, wouldnt be surprised if they start off loading some of their bigger names now and that would really put their fans back in their box.

Eduoard from Celtic would be my number 1 target up front. He may be off to Leicester though. On the bright side, we appear to be in a stronger position than last year. We need two first teamers rather than back-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.