The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 85 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong about Fred's contract? but I do remember thinking that he was out. On Transfermarket it is down as finishing end of June 2021. Not sure how accurate that site is. They also rate him as £4.5m!

I keep hearing everyone say how Guilbert is fine for us next season, which I also think he would be, but.... he is out of contract this summer. There's every chance he'll decide to go somewhere that he plays every week.

Freddy is under contract at Villa until summer 2023, so there is no problem with him playing for us next season.
He's had a decent half season out on loan, played 12, scored 1, assisted 4.

Think the owners are wondering whether to put another £100m into the club or spend it on another couple of super-yachts. Difficult decision.

A super yacht costs $500 million mate, according to Bezos, although it does come with it's own regular sized yacht to land your helicopter on.

Abraham isn't versatile and isn't the all round striker we need for the system Deano plays. He inherited Tammy, not chose him, we need to remember.

Agree. I don't mind Tammy but with the emergence of Watkins I don't think we need that type of striker. We need to improve the quality down the sides. Zaha on one side and Grealish on the other would do some damage.

Unless Abraham is available on a cut price I just don’t see it happening. He will cost a lot for a limited striker, we have a better striker in Watkins as well.

I think Tammy will want to go somewhere where he's undisputed as the main striker which with Ollie around isn't going to happen. Smith isn't going to suddenly change the formation that bar the odd game he's used his entire time at Villa and I can't see Ollie being shunted out wide.

I do think we'll sign a striker but its not going to be a 30m plus buy like I think Tammy would be. A shame as I like him as a player and he seems like a great lad as well. Chelsea would have won if he'd played instead of Werner yesterday.

We need to build a stronger squad to improve our bench options, so I still think another striker is a must. We've been lucky in some ways, that Ollie has been fit enough to play so many minutes this season. If he picks up an injury that has him out for a month or two we'd be screwed. There's also strong rumours that Wes will be going out on loan next season.
I do like Tammy and think he'll score goals, but we could probably pick up a striker in Europe who is just as good for 10m less. We just have the issue of how quick they can adapt to the PL and living here.

You've seen that tweet thanking the fans and wishing us well in the future. I don't think he has any intention of signing for us. I think he (rightly) feels hard done by at Chelsea and is happy someone was sticking up for him (even if we were only using it to slag off Chelsea).

All of the London clubs apart from Arsenal will be looking for a striker this summer. If Kane goes, he'll probably end up at Spurs.

If Spurs replace Kane with Tammy and do not retain Bale (who has scored like 11 goals in 20 this season) then wow, they'll be lucky to hit top 10.

If Spurs replace Kane with Tammy and do not retain Bale (who has scored like 11 goals in 20 this season) then wow, they'll be lucky to hit top 10.

We'll see. The Spurs fans will be very upset if he goes but they will have money to throw around at a time when lots of clubs are starved for cash.

We'll see. The Spurs fans will be very upset if he goes but they will have money to throw around at a time when lots of clubs are starved for cash.

Not sure how much money Spurs will be able to spend. There have been rumours for a few months they would be tightening their belts so to speak, as the costs of the new stadium and lack of Champions league money are hurting them. Its supposedly one of the reasons Kane has decided he needs to move on if he's ever going to win something.

Status
Not open for further replies.