The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 78 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I meant club salary.

If what you were suggesting was the case , then we would know every players salary.

I think the press just pluck a figure out of the sky and run with it , just like when they report transfer speculation.
The press, telling lies? Surely not! Freedom of the press, one of the most abused "rights" in the history of civilized society....

Jack will have to go back to wearing No 40 then :throw:
That number 40 is quite the shirt. Last worn by two players (Grealish and Mings) who have both now captained the club. Maybe we should give it to Keinan to see if it can inspire him to know what a goal net looks like.... ?

That number 40 is quite the shirt. Last worn by two players (Grealish and Mings) who have both now captained the club. Maybe we should give it to Keinan to see if it can inspire him to know what a goal net looks like.... ?

————————Martinez—————————
Cash——-Konsa—————Mings——-Targett
—————————Luiz—————————-
————-Buendia————Grealish————-
Pereira—————Abraham————Watkins-

Both Grealish and Buendia like to drop back to retrieve the ball, When Buendia was in the Premiership he actually made the most tackles out of any midfielder in the Premiership, We’d be a little weak defensively, but teams would really struggle getting the ball off Buendia and Grealish, allowing us to play straight through the middle, with so many versatile players, When Grealish attacks down the left, Watkins can join Abraham up front, Buendia pushing into that N10 position with Pereira hovering around the edge.

Also means Abraham has cover with Watkins, Watkins has cover with Grealish, Grealish has cover with Buendia, Buendia has cover with Pereira, and can easily use McGinn somewhere in there too.

Still not sure on Abraham but I honestly don’t know who else would fit that role, ideally Edouard if he replicate what he does in Scotland, but it’s Scotland, a mix of Championship and league one.

Yes we might have to rely on the defence a bit more, but at least with all that attacking threat teams should be worried pressing us too high as well.

So many options, wish it was summer already, I think we’ve got an exciting summer whatever happens, It all depends if we keep Watkins as a main striker dependant on how much business we do in midfield, I actually miss us attacking through the middle, we’ve become way too predictable.

—————————Luiz—————————-

Both Grealish and Buendia like to drop back to retrieve the ball, When Buendia was in the Premiership he actually made the most tackles out of any midfielder in the Premiership, We’d be a little weak defensively, but teams would really struggle getting the ball off Buendia and Grealish, allowing us to play straight through the middle, with so many versatile players, When Grealish attacks down the left, Watkins can join Abraham up front, Buendia pushing into that N10 position with Pereira hovering around the edge.

Also means Abraham has cover with Watkins, Watkins has cover with Grealish, Grealish has cover with Buendia, Buendia has cover with Pereira, and can easily use McGinn somewhere in there too.

Still not sure on Abraham but I honestly don’t know who else would fit that role, ideally Edouard if he replicate what he does in Scotland, but it’s Scotland, a mix of Championship and league one.

Yes we might have to rely on the defence a bit more, but at least with all that attacking threat teams should be worried pressing us too high as well.

So many options, wish it was summer already, I think we’ve got an exciting summer whatever happens, It all depends if we keep Watkins as a main striker dependant on how much business we do in midfield, I actually miss us attacking through the middle, we’ve become way too predictable.
Come on mate why would you play the greatest centre forward we've had since Pongo, on the wing? I'll get my tin hat

Come on mate why would you play the greatest centre forward we've had since Pongo, on the wing? I'll get my tin hat

Rewatch games like Liverpool every goal he scored pretty much came from him dropping down the left side, He’s not the strongest lad, not the tallest lad, not the fastest lad, and I can’t remember a game where he took on a defender 1 on 1 and beat his man.

He can press, he can run, and he can score the odd goal, he isn’t trusted with Penalties missing 5 out of his last 6 or something, he’s actually missed more chances than Werner, my logic is that he’ll have less pressure, become nuisance when they’re marking Abraham, and allowing players like Buendia, Pereira and Grealish more space to influence a game.

Also he’ll have more time himself to shoot, you only have to look at El Ghazi who’s been a part timer shooting 50 odd times in his appearances.

I wouldn’t mind him staying upfront by himself but we need to be a lot more attacking in midfield, the balance isn’t right, you can’t boot the ball up to Watkins like you can with someone like Haaland, he’s never beating any defender in the air, and I really don’t fancy him doing anything when it’s a 1-1 with the defender because I’ve seen too many times when it’s not worked.

While we are better at retaining the ball, it still bounces off the front players too much for my liking. We also play a lot of long balls from the back (Mings mainly). Tammy is not a player who retains the ball, so in order to accommodate him, we'd have to play it into the front 3.

Watkins runs the channels really well, turning defences, hence the balls over the top. While Tammy is a good player, I'm not certain he would be the perfect foil. Then again, not sure who is.

Buendia and Pereira would both be £30m+ so some hard negotiations ahead for us. Both would improve the quality of options available up front and would still be interchangeable between wing and midfield to cover injuries.....Interesting times.

—————————Luiz—————————-

Love the team but too Harlem Globetrotters for me.

Rewatch games like Liverpool every goal he scored pretty much came from him dropping down the left side, He’s not the strongest lad, not the tallest lad, not the fastest lad, and I can’t remember a game where he took on a defender 1 on 1 and beat his man.

He can press, he can run, and he can score the odd goal, he isn’t trusted with Penalties missing 5 out of his last 6 or something, he’s actually missed more chances than Werner, my logic is that he’ll have less pressure, become nuisance when they’re marking Abraham, and allowing players like Buendia, Pereira and Grealish more space to influence a game.

Also he’ll have more time himself to shoot, you only have to look at El Ghazi who’s been a part timer shooting 50 odd times in his appearances.

I wouldn’t mind him staying upfront by himself but we need to be a lot more attacking in midfield, the balance isn’t right, you can’t boot the ball up to Watkins like you can with someone like Haaland, he’s never beating any defender in the air, and I really don’t fancy him doing anything when it’s a 1-1 with the defender because I’ve seen too many times when it’s not worked.
I know mate I was winding you up, I know Ollie is better left channel, others struggle with the concept of change

I know mate I was winding you up, I know Ollie is better left channel, others struggle with the concept of change

Ah okay 😅 I know you’re not keen on Abraham, I’m not overly convinced in a solo role but I struggle to see who else there is, who’s on your mind ?

Nothing against Tammy just not at the 40m mark more like 20m

You cant get a decent Championship striker for £20m these days. £35-40m is probably what it will take to get Tammy and its probably as good as we can attract in our current position. Unfortunately there are a few other teams on the look out for a centre forward to which may drive his price up

You cant get a decent Championship striker for £20m these days. £35-40m is probably what it will take to get Tammy and its probably as good as we can attract in our current position. Unfortunately there are a few other teams on the look out for a centre forward to which may drive his price up
certainly not a 40m striker that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.