The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest If Jack wants to go and we’ve got 260m to spend this summer then he gets my blessing.

Plus his sale money!

I'm so greedy I know!

But yes, to the £260m that would get us 3-4 top top quality and a few fillers and on the foundations already built, surely push us back comfortably in the top ten mix

It's all very well us wanting to sign 3 or 4 top quality players, but I still cant see us being a massively attractive option to a lot of them. We're probably still in the position of buying younger players looking to move onto bigger clubs/leagues. I wouldnt mind us getting one or two experienced players to mix in with the squad.

'Top quality' is a relative term but in the way I understand it, well, there's little chance of us getting 'top quality' this summer IMO.

'Top quality' is a relative term but in the way I understand it, well, there's little chance of us getting 'top quality' this summer IMO.

Top quality is Jack or someone of equal or more ability. There aren't many of those about and they cost upwards of 80m give or take 10m or so. We can't spend that on one player unfortunately. A couple of 40m or so players should be well within our reach though uf we're willing and able to pay the wages such players would demand.

I kind of think it's more fun to acquire young and exciting prospects and watch last year's signings move towards being top quality.

Class of 2019: We have 2 CBs and a LB who wouldn't be out of place on the pitch for England; and we have a midfielder who (despite being a nothing player who's awful with the ball and without) is being picked by and playing for Brazil.
Class of 2020: We have a world class goalkeeper; a RB who wouldn't be out of place on the pitch for England; a striker who probably deserves to go to the Euros; and players in Sanson and Traore who have the *ability" to succeed in the PL if they can find the application.

If in the Class of 2021 we can find more prospects ready to make an impact their first season and others who may take a season to get up to speed then we'll carry on progressing.

You have to be very careful spending money earned from selling your star player though. Get it wrong and you're screwed. Anyway Jacks going nowhere.

Better to spend it than pocket it (club wise pocketing) as we have in the past though!

Most clubs have that issue but with a world class training facility again, plus the lure of Villa Park, we have a bloody good shout if the top tier aren't in for the target.

Easier said than done, bringing in £40m players that actually want to play for Villa.
I think we will still have to pay over the odds like we did to get Ollie
Yes it's reality check time. And does £40m even get you 'top quality' these days. Teams have paid close to that for Joelinton and Haller.

We need good improvements, I don't think this first team is going to be that hard to improve given the budget we likely have.

Solid progression season on season is what I believe is the aim of the game among the owners, I'm happy with that.

Better still to keep your star player and add to quality around him. That's something we've never done in my lifetime. Yorke, Barry, Milner, Young, Delph, Benteke all left and we didn't properly replace any of them.

Trouble is, the players have all the power now (and their agents)

Status
Not open for further replies.