The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are going to think I am mad but I'd sign Mcgoldrick for a season or two. I know he is 33 but the man is excellent at linking up play. I think he'd do a job here and there and incredibly low risk. It would let focus a little more cash on other first 11 positions.

We've already got a big lad who can't score but is good at link play.

People are going to think I am mad but I'd sign Mcgoldrick for a season or two. I know he is 33 but the man is excellent at linking up play. I think he'd do a job here and there and incredibly low risk. It would let focus a little more cash on other first 11 positions.
A bit like an older version of Keinan Davis 😉

yep this is the point I try and get across nobody plays with wingers, just nobody

I think people get confused because fullbacks/wingbacks are a big part of the modern game and wide midfielders tend to get in those high wing positions.
I'm old enough to remember players like Peter McParland and Stanley Matthews, absolutely magic to watch. I'd like to see us with a similar player to Jack, playing predominately off the right threading balls between the centrebacks or centreback and fullback. With the right defensive midfielder, one who could slip comfortably back into the middle of the defence, if both fullbacks are high up the field, we could end up attacking with 7 players while having a solid 3 man defence.

He has a head shaped like a 50 pence piece, anytime he goes to head the ball ye never know where its gonna go.

I think Chris Wood would be a decent squad acquisition if Wes is out long term
16 months is pretty long term, seriously Woods would do us a job but we don't play with two up and Deano won't change our "style" although I have no idea what our style is anymore.
Never going to happen is it

I have a laugh at the local paper’s strap lines. Saint Maximin is the latest coat trailed across our path according to them. I just love the authoritative statements.
”Villa fans instruct the club to buy Saint Maximin “
There you go Mr, Purslow, and our owners. You’ve had your orders from us.

David Mcgoldrick and Chris Woods? Mcgoldrick struggled to score in the championship. Woods would be a great signing for a newly promoted team who wanted to be Burnley.

We desperately need a decent no.10 and another wide forward.

Trez has had some good moments for us, noteably last week and in the relegation run in last season, but he's not the answer. Most of the time he runs around like a headless chicken.

El Ghazi, can be good but is way to inconsistent.

Traore... same.

I think if we can get Jack on the left, Ollie through the middle, then 2 others of their class on the right and tucked in behind then we'll be a force.

I'd spend 90% of any funds we have on these 2 areas (maybe £5 million on a back up striker too)

I have a laugh at the local paper’s strap lines. Saint Maximin is the latest coat trailed across our path according to them. I just love the authoritative statements.
”Villa fans instruct the club to buy Saint Maximin “
There you go Mr, Purslow, and our owners. You’ve had your orders from us.

After what was it a 20 minute sub appearance after months out.
The same papers are running with Dele Alli moving to either Everton or Villa totally ignoring PSG's manager wanting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.