The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 323 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they got caught with an illegal approach in the summer transfer window then 'pulled out' of signing him, he then downed tools and missed a ruck of games 'injured'and they signed him as soon as the next transfer window opened. (and his fitness returned)
Doesn't strike me as a particularly good example of owt apart from shithousery tbh

seems a lot of wishfiul thinking about long term plans, direction of travel and the new quality we've added. Hoepfully it's more than wishful thinking but net negative spend starts raising question imho.

I thought I made some arguments but eh, yeah thats kind of blown it for me. TBH I actually didn't know they made an illegal approach.

And I should have clarified, Liverpool are not run amazingly well, we are actually run far better. I think the difference between us and Pool is purely an owner issue. Liverpool owners wont front the money the way ours will. You pretty much have a sell to buy thing going on up in Liverpool. Liverpool are honestly run about as well as Burnley but I do think the policy of patience is a good one. Now should we be as patient with say JWP, I dont know if he warrants that kind of patience.

Caught up on the thread and boy, what a bunch of pessimists. For us to make an informed judgement of our final position, we need to see the first team play together. I'd say we won't have a clear picture until 10 games in.

The positives are the youngsters who have the potential to break through. They'll get some game time, they'll be around the first team and they'll be all the better for it next season and the season after. So for my tuppence worth, we've covered the gap created by the sale of one Jack Peter Grealish, predominantly with Leon Bailey (you can't play three new players in Jack's position), we have improved the overall squad and now potentially have some game changers on the bench. We have options for formations, and in Danny Ings, have a quality centre forward who can take the burden off Ollie Watkins.

I'm generally happy, don't see why we can't push for 8th this season (5th was always a struggle), but I'm looking at the longer term - a financially stable club with a thriving youth team (don't underestimate the win against Wycombe by the U21's). We have wriggle room for January, and I bet they are looking at options right now.

This isn't a supersonic rise to global supremacy, this is a sustainable, targeted approach to incremental improvement. Jacks gone, get over it, focus on what we have and be glad we've got a team to support because three years ago we nearly didn't and Jack would definitely have been sold for £3m. I'm personally chuffed to bits we're arguing over a top half finish in the premier league and not the survival of the greatest name in football's very existence. I wonder what Arsenal or Barcelona fans are discussing :hmmm:

Nicked.

Can't tell, as Merd and Thomas Holte have said, until the squad are fit and have had time to play. Then we can judge.

I'm in a minority, not sorry to see the back of the lad who left, I think he has a danger of burning out with his hype and what not, and £100m has put us in a seriously good position fair play rules wise, if we need to buy again in Jan, if this manager has enough to succeed for us this season OR if another comes in for next summer.

Now.

I think we have a mighty fine goalkeeper.

Our defence is stronger with Axl, albeit I do wish that was a purchase not a loan, I don't really see it as building having loans. But with Hause, Mings, and my favourite of them all Konsa, that is a solid central defense that short of real bad luck, has cover for injuries. Full backs, we will see, Cash needs to push on and being young can/hopefully will, Target if he plays like last season, all good. Ash brings in experience there also.

Buendia, as I keep saying, I have massive hopes for. I think he has the potential to have far better stats than the guy who left ever had. Hope that proves to be right. I think he could be magic for us. Fingers crossed.

Bailey I knew nothing of, but his cameo v Watford, made him look like he belonged in the PL and obviously same as all of you, have watched a few highlights and read a few articles. Big fingers crossed on this one.

Sanson coming back from injury, he's never had a chance to impress as yet with us, hopefully he can (and yes, that is then like a new signing!)

I think bringing in Ings is genius. And i think him and Ollie can easily play together, Ollie often goes wide for the ball anyway.

Were they coming in anyway? I think so. I have no itk on that, but our lot don't appear to want to stand still. I think that Christian Purslow's video announcement of the departure of the lad who left, was all good, nice to make it clear the lad wanted out (my club, my city, my heart, can I go now) and that they put in the clause to make the most of him/didn't expect him to go for that. The only bit I'd criticise was it sounded clumsy that we'd bought three to replace him. But all in all, I was glad for the statement and how pissed off he looked at the exit.

So that might have set us back. BUT he was being marked out of games, he was getting worse and worse for the 'professional' foul bollox, and I like the fact we look like we want to stay on our feet and play now. We were over reliant, now we aren't. Buendia has already showed he can set up goals, and score goals. Ings is a proven goalscorer. If Bailey is half as good as he looked v Watford in his short stint, then I think we have had a blinder of a transfer window.

I am sure they would perhaps have liked a central mid, but as others have said, looks like they are more realistic now, if they can't get who would improve us, then wait until they can.

Have we been set back? I hope not actually. If the manager doesn't equal or better last season, then I would guess he might well face the chop. It is a results game. If we break into the top 10 this season, then I would say this summer has been fairly successful. If Sanson can come good, or Luiz can push on then the mid is decent.

Looking forward to seeing how we do, hoping we can up our tempo and urgency... over to the management team and the players.

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS

I don't discriminate, I'll even nick that!

Thinking about the patience game in transfers is interesting.
For example, knowing we really are going to need a real DM in the near future, Denis Zacheria of Monchengladbach, who is 25 in November, is out of contract in summer '23. So if he doesn't sign an extension or new contract in the meanwhile, his price will fall next summer, where we could get an experienced 25 yr old international DM for relative peanuts.
Johan Lange has to spend this year checking out a CB replacement for Tuanzebe as well.

For example, knowing we really are going to need a real DM in the near future, Denis Zacheria of Monchengladbach, who is 25 in November, is out of contract in summer '23. So if he doesn't sign an extension or new contract in the meanwhile, his price will fall next summer, where we could get an experienced 25 yr old international DM for relative peanuts.
Johan Lange has to spend this year checking out a CB replacement for Tuanzebe as well.
Hopefully we have a clause in there to purchase

Truth is no one can say with certainty either way. It‘s not overly pessimistic to be wary of our signings and wait to see how they do in a villa shirt before deciding. Why should I sit here and type glowing things about players I haven’t seen set foot on the turf at villa park? . Different doing it at another club with a different manager, players and tactics. Maybe Buendia suits Farke and his style more than Smith and his style and it won’t work for him here. Not beyond the realms is it. Happened before . Just as it’s not beyond the realms that he will continue to thrive.

I think the media worship him; after all he's good copy. Haven't heard much enthusiasm from C£ty fans.

My guess is that Southgate will be totally unaffected by the move. He dropped Foden with no hesitation. He played Sterling even though he wasn't playing that often at C£ty. Still think Sterling will get the call over Snake2.

Call me a bitter prick but I would love if Southgate continues to snub he who shall not be named.

Truth is no one can say with certainty either way. It‘s not overly pessimistic to be wary of our signings and wait to see how they do in a villa shirt before deciding. Why should I sit here and type glowing things about players I haven’t seen set foot on the turf at villa park? . Different doing it at another club with a different manager, players and tactics. Maybe Buendia suits Farke and his style more than Smith and his style and it won’t work for him here. Not beyond the realms is it. Happened before . Just as it’s not beyond the realms that he will continue to thrive.

Its why I don't buy into the idea we should automatically sign Bissouma and its why Arsenal look very foolish getting Ben White. Ben White was protected at Brighton, he had a bunch of hardy lads in their who werent afraid to put the boot or head in. There isnt a single lad at Arsenal like that except Xhaka and he's just a useless wreckless player.

Bissouma looks great but he plays in a very rigid organized system at Brighton. We want him to come in and be our DM. Does he even do that at Brighton? Brighton play a 3 man backline so he is not deployed as a pure Anchor man or destroyer.

Yes, that’s all very well you demonstrating your ‘knowledge‘ of european football every week with random names but in this case ( like most you mention) is he any good and suitable for us?. Is he actually really realistic .
We could all pick players that will be free or cheap next summer .

Have any of your ‘recommendations’ ever actually been signed btw?.

Yes, that’s all very well you demonstrating your ‘knowledge‘ of european football every week with random names but in this case ( like most you mention) is he any good and suitable for us?. Is he actually really realistic .
We could all pick players that will be free or cheap next summer .

Have any of your ‘recommendations’ ever actually been signed btw?.

Most have gone on to do well, all the way back when I was shouting for Frank Lampard at West Ham, available for £7m and of course Kevin De Bruyne when he was at Chelsea, available for £12-13m. Of course there have been a few who crapped their careers down the pisser. Darren Bent and Scott Hogan being among them.

Most have gone on to do well, all the way back when I was shouting for Frank Lampard at West Ham, available for £7m and of course Kevin De Bruyne when he was at Chelsea, available for £12-13m. Of course there have been a few who crapped their careers down the pisser. Darren Bent and Scott Hogan being among them.

What was wrong with Darren? Turned our season around under Houllier. His goals before his injury saved our bacon under McLeish. Not his fault Lamberk decided to bomb-squad him.

Call me a bitter prick but I would love if Southgate continues to snub he who shall not be named.
Let it go,Coxy. Jack has moved on,it was ever thus. If our current regime are as smart as we all hope, the future is good,maybe great. Club on an upward trajectory with the necessity of a bigger stadium obvious.

What was wrong with Darren? Turned our season around under Houllier. His goals before his injury saved our bacon under McLeish. Not his fault Lamberk decided to bomb-squad him.
It was his fault Lamberk bombed him as he wouldn't join in with the team , Bent was all about Bent and his goals. To me he seemed the sort who was happy if he scored in a 4-1 defeat as long has he scored he was keeping his reputation and next move alive.
His goals did however keep us up that season, nobody can deny that

It was his fault Lamberk bombed him as he wouldn't join in with the team , Bent was all about Bent and his goals. To me he seemed the sort who was happy if he scored in a 4-1 defeat as long has he scored he was keeping his reputation and next move alive.
His goals did however keep us up that season, nobody can deny that

In what way wouldn't he join in with the team? Mystified.

Status
Not open for further replies.