The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few weeks have made it clear that we still have ALOT of work to do in the summer:

Outs:
Taylor
Elmo
Engels
AEG
Heaton (if he needs 1st team football)
Barkley

Ins:
CAM (McGinn dropped to bench)
RW (Traore dropped to bench)
ST (to battle out with Watkins)
LB (back up for Targett)
CM

Traore would be a good rotation/ sub option IMO. Not really demonstrating that he should be starting next season. I wouldn't get rid of him but Trezeguet and AEG on the other hand are prime candidates.

The last few weeks have made it clear that we still have ALOT of work to do in the summer:

Outs:
Taylor
Elmo
Engels
AEG
Heaton (if he needs 1st team football)
Barkley

Ins:
CAM (McGinn dropped to bench)
RW (Traore dropped to bench)
ST (to battle out with Watkins)
LB (back up for Targett)
CM
That sounds about right to me, although I'd also be on the look out for a LW too. I also think Wingers and an attacking midfielder take priority over a striker. We need top dogs in those positions, in the striker position not so much as Watkins is a decent first choice.

For Left Back our old buddy Jordan Amavi is out of contract this summer. I'd love us to be in for him. For free he'd be a great back up for Targett and could even be a first choice in some scenarios. Was my favourite player from the year that shouldn't be mentioned. His injury that season came at a terrible time for both us and him.

Daryl Dike (on loan at Barnsley) worth a shout as a back up striker? Looks good to me and we will need to spend the bulk of our budget on the midfield, I doubt Dike would cost all that much.

That sounds about right to me, although I'd also be on the look out for a LW too. I also think Wingers and an attacking midfielder take priority over a striker. We need top dogs in those positions, in the striker position not so much as Watkins is a decent first choice.

For Left Back our old buddy Jordan Amavi is out of contract this summer. I'd love us to be in for him. For free he'd be a great back up for Targett and could even be a first choice in some scenarios. Was my favourite player from the year that shouldn't be mentioned. His injury that season came at a terrible time for both us and him.
Yeah I'd love to see Amavi back, quality player

Nothing has changed for me all season in terms of what we need this coming summer.

At least 2 wingers, another attacking midfielder, striker to challenge Watkins. Less important another lb to challenge Targett and a cb if Engels goes.

Trez, AEG, Taylor must go. Barkley obviously sent back. Guys like Freddy, Heaton, Hourihane, Engels might want to go to play first team football but none of them are massive losses in my view.

This next summer is so important. The step from where we are now to genuine European challengers needs a higher class of player. 1 man attacks don't get anywhere.

Out.
Al Gahzi, Trezeguet, Elmohamedy, Taylor, Engels, Barkley, Hourihane.
Question marks.
Nakamba, Guilbert, Traore. Let them go if someone is interested or sit them on the bench.
In .
An attacking midfielder. A defensive midfielder, A winger. A striker, A left back,
A centre back if Engels goes. A right back if Guilbert goes.
Keep Jack.
If some of these positions can be covered by promotions from the lower age groups, great!
A couple of hundred million should solve all our problems.
I’ll get me coat.

Getting rid of players and bringing in new ones to play the same system over and over, is never going to work, we need to be able to change things when required, rather than standing there scratching your head wondering what to do. I thought that's what a squad of players is supposed to do, give you other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.