The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 236 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this. JWP is one of the most underrated players in the Prem and it would be a steal if we could get him to VP.

I agree, I am very surprised he's not viewed as a significant improvement on McGinn. He is also a massive improvement on Luiz and Marv. JWP also kept Grealish in his back pocket playing RB for the Saints too.

Barry is a long way off ready if you ask me. He looks like a youth player, I think he’d get eaten alive in the big time. It would be a bad move to have him anywhere near starting right here right now.

The chances of even one player making it from that youth side with us are slim, and Barry isn’t close yet. People need to realise youth football is a million miles away from adult, professional football. Chuky looks like he has the most chance from what I’ve seen.

I might be wrong, but that youth side that won the cup were a long way off the top of the league even if they had a good cup run.

The athleticism required to play at the top level in terms of strength and physicality for such a long time is a different level, we’ve seen it twice when Villa have played Liverpool - with both sides having stuck kids on the pitch during one game and ended up being pummelled.

Last edited:
And that means we can't bid for players on long contracts?
We can but we don't have Europe to offer yet, emphasis on yet, and FFP is a factor. City have supposedly made £40 million on sales already including Harrison and 11mil from sell on clause for Sancho. We've only outlayed money and don't have close to revenue stream. JWP would not be cheap

Barry is a long way off ready if you ask me. He looks like a youth player, I think he’d get eaten alive in the big time. It would be a bad move to have him anywhere near starting right here right now.

The chances of even one player making it from that youth side with us are slim, and Barry isn’t close yet. People need to realise youth football is a million miles away from adult, professional football. Chuky looks like he has the most chance from what I’ve seen.

I might be wrong, but that youth side that won the cup were a long way off the top of the league even if they had a good cup run.

The athleticism required to play at the top level in terms of strength and physicality for such a long time is a different level, we’ve seen it twice when Villa have played Liverpool - with both sides having stuck kids on the pitch during one game and ended up being pummelled.

But the youth side was a very young side for that league. They won the cup because skill triumphed over age. Best young player I've seen is Philogene-Bidace. Think he'll make it.

With it being reported that Keiran Davis is having his annual injury, it's obvious to me we need another striker in.

Perhaps a good youngish striker out of the 1st division (no name comes to mind) who would look at a move to Villa as a step up in his football career, but not expect first team football straight away.

That way, it may not cost a huge sum of money........ Just a thought.
Or perhaps a young lad who has already scored agianst the dippers. Come on - give him a proper chance ffs

100% - even Messi had to be bulked up and that was to play in Spain. There is a minimum level of strength and ability needed to make it. I often see comparisons made to Greenwood but he was a good size of a lad when he broke through.

Yeah Barry is a teen and has the body of a pre puberty teen too in comparison.
If you are that small you have to have crazy skill.
Ive not seen enough of Barry to know if he has the skill needed.... But not from what I have seen so far.
So I would hazard a guess he is a long way off Prem ready.

I have faith in the recruitment system. If they feel Mcginn, Luiz, Nakamba and Sanson are good enough for the middle of the park then so be it!

I'm starting to think our big business is done.

If Jack stays then the only signings I expect are backup keeper, 4th choice CB and backup striker.

If Jack goes then maybe we'd see JWP or someone else in the middle.

But apart from that I can't see much else.

If Jack stays, I'd be quite happy with that big business, just get someone or something to take Davis's spot and I would be very much looking forward to next season.

Last edited:
Yeah Barry is a teen and has the body of a pre puberty teen too in comparison.
If you are that small you have to have crazy skill.
Ive not seen enough of Barry to know if he has the skill needed.... But not from what I have seen so far.
So I would hazard a guess he is a long way off Prem ready.
I have a feeling that Barry is the one from the current crop who gets all the hype up but ends up going nowhere. With his physicality it’s not even like we could send him out to the lower leagues to develop.

Bidace on the other hand looks good based on the friendlies; quick, decent frame, very skilful and Chukwuemeka is apparently the cream of the crop, those two are closest IMO. Aaron Ramsey was good in one friendly but struggled in the others so probably needs a spell in league 1 first like his brother.

Maybe more appropriate for the u23 thread if the mods want to move it

Status
Not open for further replies.