The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 222 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Smith likes having a bloated squad. I mean, if they're all getting some games, they're all happy. He likes a close knit togetherness. Not what will give you a top 6 challenge by all means, but he's consistently been OK to pretty much only have 2 strikers. Just the feeling I get around the Villa squad.

Twice Smith has said we're happy with the strikers we've had (when every one of us knew it was risky not to get back-up). We've loaned out Guilbert when it was a little bit of a head scratcher. Loaned out Samatta even though Wes wasn't fit. Engels has gone leaving CB a little short.

When it comes to balancing up the squad, we've lost Barkley and Trez to injury.

If we bring in Bailey to add to Buendia we're pretty much back to square one in terms of numbers so it would seem daft to sell Ghazi.

The only thing would be is if Bidace has been promised more minutes then it might make sense to cash in as like someone says he's stock us quite high at the moment.

Yep. We need to be thinking in terms of cup runs as well as the league, and have enough depth not only to cover for injuries but to be able to rotate as well. Bert is still coming back from his operation. I see Anwar as a valuable member of the squad.

I've just posted on the 'movie' thread that we've just watched 'A Quiet Place Part 2'......... bit like Villa Park really..................

Absolute nonsense to get rid of Anwar. 28 app , 10 goals last season. 2nd top scorer?. Big contribution and found himself in the preliminary Dutch squad.

Bought as a 23 year old. Key in the promotion season. As everyone else did, apart from SJ, struggled in 19/20. As others did in a more successful side last season, hugely improved . And still only 26.

Head wobble time. Totally and utterly has a place in our squad currently.

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense to get rid of Anwar. 28 app , 10 goals last season. 2nd top scorer?. Big contribution and found himself in the preliminary Dutch squad.

Bought as a 23 year old. Key in the promotion season. As everyone else did, apart from SJ, struggled in 19/20. As others did in a more successful side last season, hugely improved . And still only 26.

Head wobble time. Totally and utterly has a place in our squad currently.
And many of those 28 appearances were 10 or 20 minute cameos!

I remember reading that wewere going to get transfer buisness done early so that DS would have more time to work with them. Since we signed Emi (mark2) and Young thats it, we work with what we've got.

I remember reading that wewere going to get transfer buisness done early so that DS would have more time to work with them. Since we signed Emi (mark2) and Young thats it, we work with what we've got.

Yeah, I remember that too.

Apart from those two, it's been a very disappointing window so far. I also remember being told we were the only club who'd done any business. That was about five weeks ago. Now, since then almost every PL club has signed at least two, and we're....errrr...... stuck on two.

TBF didn't we have a similar period in the last window? We signed one or two early and then had to wait on the remainders?

I think as a club we're in a far stronger position and we're happy to wait and let the players come in later in the season. I think thats the beauty of what we're attempting. We're trying not to let external forces, force us.

The other way to look at it is Grealish and Mings arent back, we're not under pressure and we don't need first-teamers immediately. I'd love some signings too but im not too worried about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.