The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing though, when are are we going to do it?

We have the money and the momentum, strike while the iron is hot and all that jazz.

It's not just Jack either, I can see Martinez, Konsa, Luiz etc. having higher ambitions too.

Again, Emi didn't join a side that avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth thinking we'd be in Europe. This is Konsa's first proper run at this level, and Luiz has shown the best and worst.

If we go backwards next year...maybe. This summer no chance unless sides guaranteed to win something come in, with money we can't turn down. And that's no going to happen.

Again, Emi didn't join a side that avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth thinking we'd be in Europe. This is Konsa's first proper run at this level, and Luiz has shown the best and worst.

If we go backwards next year...maybe. This summer no chance unless sides guaranteed to win something come in, with money we can't turn down. And that's no going to happen.

Wasn't talking about this summer as regards to players leaving, I meant more down the line if we don't move forwards.

Konsa and Luiz have a way to go still but they will be sought after eventually, Martinez even sooner I'd imagine, and Jack always being the worry.

In that case I share the worry, I thought you were talking about this summer. Despite the strangeness of the season, this is a massive transfer window for us as we can all see where improvements nee to be made.

No, like you said, there's no way anyone is leaving this summer, but it would be nice to make a big improvement and land some real quality especially in midfield, and make people really sit up and take notice.

No, like you said, there's no way anyone is leaving this summer, but it would be nice to make a big improvement and land some real quality especially in midfield, and make people really sit up and take notice.

We've shown exactly what we can do when firing on all cylinders this year. We've shown exactly what we need when 3-4 aren't firing on all cylinders and arguably we've seen such a small group of starters hit fatigue and how that hits us.

Some self enforced - others not like the Covid outbreak. Cut our inconsistency by 20% next season given we all know games we should've at least taken a point from, and this year we'd be circling the 50 point mark.

41 for this year (game in hand), make that even 46/48 and it'd be further quick tangible progress.

I'm seriously worried we might lose Martinez in the summer. There aren't many better.

We've still got Heaton who is more than capable though. I can't see Martinez leaving just yet though. None of the teams that might be able to afford him need a goalkeeper at the moment.

the media are desperate to see Grealish move on to a top 4 club it seems so if jack does go .i hope we spend the money well and get a quality replacement and not some green championship player with not top flight experience .the lack of real quality up top has cost us a European place this season i think because of the amount of points dropped since jacks injury .if man city want him then id be happy to see him go there so he can win the lot and im sure city have a qulity player they could throw in as part of the deal

So I’ve changed my tune about Dele Alli, I once thought his cockiness and having a go at his whole team calling them all shit in the dressing room on that SpursTV,, was the wrong thing we needed, but after watching us without Jack it’s probably the kick up the arse we need, he’ll have one hell of a point to prove as well.

Apparently it’ll only take 25m, him and Grealish are good pals, at that price can’t really go wrong, once valued a lot more than double that, and his record it still bloody amazing, what is it a goal contribution every other game ?

Still Young 25 this month I think, time to stop going for players that need a cuddle, a back massage and they hair stroked and whispering sweet nothings to give them a confidence boost. Fair to say Barkley, Trezeguet and El Ghazi fit into that bracket, All of them have moments of brilliance and capable of much more but fail to provide it on a regular basis.

Perhaps Dele Alli is exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.