The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck are we after someone from Doncaster Rovers as part of our recruitment team.
who knows we've got a bloke from Copenhagen, not that much difference compared to Villa that is , perhaps he has a degree in sports recruitment on his CV and is young and hungry

Why the fuck are we after someone from Doncaster Rovers as part of our recruitment team.

Worked with Lange before by the looks of it. I’m not sure it makes too much difference which club he has come from. He’ll still be using the same methods in identifying players, just aiming at a higher level and has a better club to sell to them

Worked with Lange before by the looks of it. I’m not sure it makes too much difference which club he has come from. He’ll still be using the same methods in identifying players, just aiming at a higher level and has a better club to sell to them
That's it really, people recruit people they know and trust, I bet half the people reading this have got jobs because of who they know not what they know. Happens everywhere.

Aguero is a complete non-starter. He will feel (and quite rightly so in my opinion) that he can still mix it with the big boys and ultimately will have a choice of Champions League heavyweights or the chance to go home to Argentina, whichever he prefers.

Those dismissing him on ability/age/injuries need a slight reminder as to what our current striker roster looks like! He also hasn't been washed up for 4 years, I'm sure I read last season (20+ goals, again) was his best at City for goals per game (may have been minutes).

One of my favourite imports of the Premier League era. Would comfortably make my International XI (with Henry, Bergkamp in behind) and would make me agonise over an all-time XI. How he was omitted from Team of the Season's as often as he was, was a travesty.

Aguero is a complete non-starter. He will feel (and quite rightly so in my opinion) that he can still mix it with the big boys and ultimately will have a choice of Champions League heavyweights or the chance to go home to Argentina, whichever he prefers.

Those dismissing him on ability/age/injuries need a slight reminder as to what our current striker roster looks like! He also hasn't been washed up for 4 years, I'm sure I read last season (20+ goals, again) was his best at City for goals per game (may have been minutes).

One of my favourite imports of the Premier League era. Would comfortably make my International XI (with Henry, Bergkamp in behind) and would make me agonise over an all-time XI. How he was omitted from Team of the Season's as often as he was, was a travesty.

Most Champions League heavyweights are long-in-the-tooth crap. Didn't do JT any harm coming to us. Class tells.

I do think we need to pull off a statement signing in the summer like Everton did with Rodriguez.

Obviously I'm not talking about Erling Haaland just yet, and it would have to be someone that fits that criteria we have set out.

But sniffing around Championship clubs again this summer won't look like progress to me. We need someone that will really up this team a level.

I do think we need to pull off a statement signing in the summer like Everton did with Rodriguez.

Obviously I'm not talking about Erling Haaland just yet, and it would have to be someone that fits that criteria we have set out.

But sniffing around Championship clubs again this summer won't look like progress to me. We need someone that will really up this team a level.

Erling Haaland would take our team up two levels.

Perhaps time for Engels, Taylor, ELM, Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Vassilev to move on, Davis and Barry out on loan to the Championship.

Luiz, McGinn, Sanson and Traore need to step it up a level next season and Cash and Targett need to do more in terms of getting the ball in the box and accurate ones at that.

Very different story if we made Europe but it’s not looking likely, Grealish himself is a big pull but I’ve got no idea how ambitious we’re likely to be, I think Depay would be amazing on the left (would he come without Europe/Champions League), he’s a free transfer valued at 40-50m would be 2 levels above our current wingers excluding Jack, move Jack into the centre and then go all out on a top right winger, I’d like Buendia and Olise at the club, could get both of them for under 50m as Olise has a 8m clause and he’s probably already valued at 30m anyway being 19 and playing the way he is.

I do like the look of Berge though, would add some much needed height in the middle and would stop McGinn/Luiz marking giants.

If we can attract better then amazing, I’m unsure if we will be spending more than 40m on one player even though it’s very much needed to make that next level and show Grealish we are serious.

If we can attract better then amazing, I’m unsure if we will be spending more than 40m on one player even though it’s very much needed to make that next level and show Grealish we are serious.

That's the thing though, when are are we going to do it?

We have the money and the momentum, strike while the iron is hot and all that jazz.

It's not just Jack either, I can see Martinez, Konsa, Luiz etc. having higher ambitions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.